Battery powered pole saw question

Help Support CattleToday:

JW IN VA

Reaction score
I'm thinking about a battery powered pole saw for trimming branches around field borders. Won't need it but every year or two so I'm thinking a battery model will be better than a gas powered that is only run a short time once a year.
Biggest thing I'd cut is about 3-4".

Any Suggestions.

We have a DeWalt. Extends to either 10-12' (don't remember). It's a workhorse!! But it is a little heavy for me, especially after standing in the bed of the Polaris, trying to get the highest branches possible. The battery lasts a long time, even considering we rotate batteries between all the DeWalt tools & outdoor equipment (blower, trimmer, etc). Actually use it quite a bit and just ordered new blades off Amazon.

I think whatever brand of battery power tools that you already have the batteries for would be your first to look at. I am a big fan of everything battery powered, they have a lot of grunt and as TC said it is surprising how long the lithium batteries run time will be.

Ken

I think whatever brand of battery power tools that you already have the batteries for would be your first to look at. I am a big fan of everything battery powered, they have a lot of grunt and as TC said it is surprising how long the lithium batteries run time will be.

Ken
I agree with Ken. If you already have battery tools then get one that is in that line. I have both Dewalt and Ryobi. I have a Ryobi pole saw and am very pleased with it and their entire line of tools.

I have the Dewalt. As stated, cuts well. Long run time on a charge. Starts first time! But the pole is aluminum with plastic connectors and has a significant sag to it when extended 10 feet.

Little off topic but I ordered this light for down at the shop & barn. Fits right on a 20V battery and it lights up the whole place. Not that we need it that often but it's pretty impressive and good to have around.
Amazon product ASIN B0BC7B7ZBN
Off topic even more but that looks like a great fishing light.

Needed one in a hurry... bought a 40V Kobalt at Lowes; 8 inch bar. It's done a good job for me. One cycle on the battery is about all I want to do at one time (have had both rotator cuffs rebuilt, but I'm nowhere near the man I was 5 years ago - can't do much with my arms above shoulder height), so I've not purchased a backup battery.

Little more off topic. Unless you are all in on green energy and I know the topic is about battery power, cry once and get a Stihl HT 131 pole saw. I have worked on different models of these and this one has bearings all the way down the shaft unlike all the others I have worked on. I put a couple parts in one last fall, including a new non safety chain, for a neighbor and tested it out in my yard. It is a Cadilac.

Latest posts