Banned Users

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":3ozgys46 said:
Anecdotal evidence is better than zero evidence. And experience is legitimate evidence. Your right every one on that forum gets quite when you bring up a discussion that they are not used to or it threatens a vested interest. I have not been challenged there by one thread of actual evidence.

I would rather argue a fence topic here I would get a better and more honest response, by people not afraid to have their way challenged or to challenge mine. No malicious intent my friend, just the truth.

At base level, all evidence is anecdotal. It has to start somewhere. In science, whether physical (you use phsyical science in your fence work every day) , electrical, medical or any other type, the 1st observance or 'discovery' is anecdotal evidence.
Legitimate or proven evidence is simply that anecdotally (is that even a word?) evidenced procedure or observance which has been shown to be repeatable under the same or similar circumstances but that doesn't change the absolute importance of the anecdotal evidence that started it all..

If all anecdotal evidence was discarded out of hand, we would never advance.

greybeard":th8h5yjw said:
callmefence":th8h5yjw said:
Anecdotal evidence is better than zero evidence. And experience is legitimate evidence. Your right every one on that forum gets quite when you bring up a discussion that they are not used to or it threatens a vested interest. I have not been challenged there by one thread of actual evidence.

I would rather argue a fence topic here I would get a better and more honest response, by people not afraid to have their way challenged or to challenge mine. No malicious intent my friend, just the truth.

At base level, all evidence is anecdotal. It has to start somewhere. In science, whether physical you use phsyical science in your fence work every day) , electrical, medical or any other type the 1st observance or discovery is anecdotal evidence.
Legitimate or proven evidence is simply that which has been shown to be repeatable under the same or similar circumstances but that doesn't change the absolute importance of the anecdotal evidence that started it all..

If all anecdotal evidence was discarded out of hand, we would never advance.

Anyone on here who has taken a course in 'Methods of Science ' is trained to make an observation. For example, I have to do extensive heat checking in order to know when to AI. Those observations are anecdotal. They are based on one non-repeatable event.

If I was Gandalf, I could split a single event into two events, take a different action on each split and follow each one to conclusion. It is like the Robert Frost poem when he reaches the fork in the road. Should I take the right or the left. If you could split into two, you could take both and then you would know which one was best.

The whole world is basically anecdotal.

callmefence":19hztjaq said:
bball":19hztjaq said:
Farm Fence Solutions":19hztjaq said:
I don't appreciate drama or anecdotal evidence, so I just avoid it, or handle it as straight forward as possible if it presents it's self. Some people thrive on it. Fence builders must be more mature, in general, than the average person, at least when sober...ish, because we simply don't have these kinds of problems on our forum. If someone makes a comment that is out of line, it simply gets ignored, and people generally get the message. No warning points have ever been awarded, and nobody has ever been banned. The moderators are great to answer tech questions, but let us govern ourselves....with great success. Watching people be mean to each other, just for the sake of being mean, says volumes about an individual.

So true Luke. No safer place to bully someone from than behind a keyboard...

Well, why would anyone want to argue? You build really good fence with the materials available to you in Central TX, I build really good fence with the materials available to me anywhere in the world, and most all of the ones on that forum build really good fence with what's available to them. You walked in the room and told everyone they were wrong, without ever having experienced building fence in their environment. You did the same thing to me when I first got here...Remember the first Gripple conversation? :hide: I use some things that you showed me on a regular basis and it's made me a better fencer, but there are plenty of parts of the job that I'm sure my way would be an improvement on the way you do it. It'd be awful hard to find out without taking an objective approach, though. Conditions aren't the same the world over, and I take great pride in learning how it's done in unfamiliar conditions. It's easy enough to have a discussion about the best methods without everyone else being wrong. Instead of forcing your methods on them, maybe engage John Morgan or Si Gibbs in a conversation about tying knots before you put on the pipe Nazi hat? Give them a chance, and you'd be amazed what you would learn. The rest of the world doesn't like to fight like we do. ;-) No malicious intent on my end either ol bud. I can't wait to teach you a thing or two about killing pigs. :lol:

alisonb":1nphh0tj said:
How to you all feel about a banned User coming back under another name, using a different IP address or proxy to fool the Mod? Am not sure how it works but think some get banned for a certain period and can then come back and others get banned permanently...according to the seriousness of offence. How about the User that operates under various names? Do you think that person should be banned immediately after it becoming clear who he/she is?
I ahve no problem with someone coming back using a different user names.....I don't like the idea of someone operating with multiple screen names at the same time. Making a comment, changing names then replying to the comment. It's childish, idiotic and serves no good purpose other than to remove credibility from the entire board.

Farm Fence Solutions":a5d6q6dn said:
[
Well, why would anyone want to argue? You build really good fence with the materials available to you in Central TX, I build really good fence with the materials available to me anywhere in the world, and most all of the ones on that forum build really good fence with what's available to them.

e...
Whoa wait a minute...Obviously you have never seen a fence I have built with what's around here and you don't want to. I am the kind of guy that keep you guys in business. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":24q0mpdq said:
alisonb":24q0mpdq said:
How to you all feel about a banned User coming back under another name, using a different IP address or proxy to fool the Mod? Am not sure how it works but think some get banned for a certain period and can then come back and others get banned permanently...according to the seriousness of offence. How about the User that operates under various names? Do you think that person should be banned immediately after it becoming clear who he/she is?
I ahve no problem with someone coming back using a different user names.....I don't like the idea of someone operating with multiple screen names at the same time. Making a comment, changing names then replying to the comment. It's childish, idiotic and serves no good purpose other than to remove credibility from the entire board.

Isn't that what some guy in the Piney Big Thicket used to on a regular basis back in the day?

TennesseeTuxedo":qnd953b1 said:
TexasBred":qnd953b1 said:
alisonb":qnd953b1 said:

Isn't that what some guy in the Piney Big Thicket used to on a regular basis back in the day?
Yessir....what was that other name?? Sort of a "I'm in love with myself" type thing. :lol2:

TexasBred":2y8uw161 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2y8uw161 said:
TexasBred":2y8uw161 said:

Yessir....what was that other name?? Sort of a "I'm in love with myself" type thing. :lol2:

Might have been HELAM. Hey Everybody, Look At Me.

TexasBred":x80w97jz said:
Farm Fence Solutions":x80w97jz said:
[
Well, why would anyone want to argue? You build really good fence with the materials available to you in Central TX, I build really good fence with the materials available to me anywhere in the world, and most all of the ones on that forum build really good fence with what's available to them.

e...
Whoa wait a minute...Obviously you have never seen a fence I have built with what's around here and you don't want to. I am the kind of guy that keep you guys in business. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You beat me to it. I've got a fence so crooked it'd make a politician blush, but it's hot and tight enough to keep the cows in and I guess that's all that matters. At some point I'm going to have enough money to hire out a professional and make it look really pretty.

Farm Fence Solutions":1k6d0spt said:
callmefence":1k6d0spt said:
bball":1k6d0spt said:
So true Luke. No safer place to bully someone from than behind a keyboard...

Well, why would anyone want to argue? You build really good fence with the materials available to you in Central TX, I build really good fence with the materials available to me anywhere in the world, and most all of the ones on that forum build really good fence with what's available to them. You walked in the room and told everyone they were wrong, without ever having experienced building fence in their environment. You did the same thing to me when I first got here...Remember the first Gripple conversation? :hide: I use some things that you showed me on a regular basis and it's made me a better fencer, but there are plenty of parts of the job that I'm sure my way would be an improvement on the way you do it. It'd be awful hard to find out without taking an objective approach, though. Conditions aren't the same the world over, and I take great pride in learning how it's done in unfamiliar conditions. It's easy enough to have a discussion about the best methods without everyone else being wrong. Instead of forcing your methods on them, maybe engage John Morgan or Si Gibbs in a conversation about tying knots before you put on the pipe Nazi hat? Give them a chance, and you'd be amazed what you would learn. The rest of the world doesn't like to fight like we do. ;-) No malicious intent on my end either ol bud. I can't wait to teach you a thing or two about killing pigs. :lol:

You mean the part about the gripple where I listened and admitted it was good. It was new to me so I payed attention.

I've pulled more wood post than most of them have drove. You cry for evidence. I have it and have gave it
All you've done is tell me to get out more and ask me to be quite.

Steel is available everywhere. If you need evidence go to Craigslist.
As far as working with what is readily available. Hmmmm what kinda wire is readily available here ???? That's a point... don't take it wrong.

I need no help with knots. The ones they tie look like shyt if you ask me.

I'm thinking instead of pipe nazi I might like be called....how to stack a shipping container nazi... :cowboy:

Ive got some pigs coming to feed gonna try to get a camera out tomorrow and get em dialed in.
I'll be awaiting my lesson.... :hat:

1. I don't mind when a banned user comes back. Especially one that contributes to the knowledge base. Not crazy about seeing the people that are just looking for an argument keep coming around.

2. I don't like when somebody abondonds a user name, because they are not well liked. That's just childish.

3. Hating Islam doesn't make someone a hypocrite. Not recognizing it for what it is, makes someone a little suspect though.

4. Religion should not be debated in my opinion. The scriptures say what they say. Someone else's interpretation doesn't appeal to me. That's why we have so many different denominations. Go where they believe like you believe. It's why I would never send my kids to Christian school.

Bright Raven":1hv9rf4q said:
greybeard":1hv9rf4q said:
Not to mention it would give you a personal platform from which to denigrate anyone that had any kind of personal religious belief as well as tearing down the belief itself, and that is the primary reason religion is off limits here.

Thoughts:

The rule banning discussions of religion preceded me. Rationally, The primary reason to ban discussion of religion is because of the controversial nature of the subject. Not everyone believes the same or in fact, not everyone believes.

There are many who need to look in the mirror. The ones that bristle when their religion is criticized, are the same ones who slander, insult, denigrate, disparage another religion such as Islam.
Hypocrisy?
It preceded you because of others like you.
Those that derived the same shallow pleasure & for the same reason you do.
Hypocrisy has nothing to do with why discussion of religion is taboo here.

If a group holds to the principle - thou shall not disrespect my religion, and then that group disrespects another major worldwide religion - you are a hypocrite.

People who live in glass houses should have the good sense not to throw stones.

greybeard":3gf41ryk said:
Bright Raven":3gf41ryk said:
greybeard":3gf41ryk said:
Not to mention it would give you a personal platform from which to denigrate anyone that had any kind of personal religious belief as well as tearing down the belief itself, and that is the primary reason religion is off limits here.

Thoughts:

The rule banning discussions of religion preceded me. Rationally, The primary reason to ban discussion of religion is because of the controversial nature of the subject. Not everyone believes the same or in fact, not everyone believes.

There are many who need to look in the mirror. The ones that bristle when their religion is criticized, are the same ones who slander, insult, denigrate, disparage another religion such as Islam.
Hypocrisy?
It preceded you because of others like you.
Those that derived the same shallow pleasure & for the same reason you do.
Hypocrisy has nothing to do with why discussion of religion is taboo here.

If you can understand this, it might explain a lot:

Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.

It's not a religion.
"Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you." I refuse to harm anyone that's not out to harm me.
We just need to get back on track, I see where no harm has been done.

If tuxedo got to keep his handle the punishment Should be fitting.
Since someone is obviously got to do it due to recent events. I say he's the one . Tux you got less than three years to seduce Oprah.
#metoo

Latest posts