bale processor for round bale silage

Help Support CattleToday:

cornykid

Reaction score
Looking for input on bale processors. I am feeding a silage bale a day right now and would also like to bed the new barn with a processor. So the machine would need to be able to do both. The barn is 30' wide from the bunk to the back wall. I like the tub grinder hesston bp25 or case ih 8610, just don't know if it will throw bedding far enough. Thanks,

Thanks. I wasn't thinking about something like that, but I'm checking into it now. My skid is only rated for 1700, that might be the only problem.

This is what we use along with simular others to processes baleage:
reggie.jpg

cornykid":2qf0wuo8 said:
Thanks. I wasn't thinking about something like that, but I'm checking into it now. My skid is only rated for 1700, that might be the only problem.
They have a tractor mounted 3 point one too.
I wish I had seen that before I bought my bale slicer.
I load old cotton trailers with loose hay to pull into the pasture and that would work great.

Anybody know how much the 3 point hitch one cost? I'd really like to have one.

I've read about these machines on here but never knew what they were used for or how they worked. Interesting, but what is the advantage to tearing the bale up and putting it on the ground? As Dun indicated, I use the four legged kind of processor which seems to work pretty good.

We use a Vermeer bale processor when we begin feeding a lot of hay, about this time of year. I like it because we can adjust the windrow to a long thin line of hay 100 yards long. It allows the calves and timid cows to find a place to eat.
We had a dry September and began setting out a roll per day in the hay rings. Those are a muddy mess right now.
Since we are feeding more hay now, we will feed all hay with the processor. We can change feeding areas and put out only what they clean up.

If I had not gotten a great deal on a seldom used bale processor from a relative, I probably would not have ever justified buying one.

I need to bed into a 32' wide barn. I have located a haybuster 256+2, 1100, Jiffy, and Case IH 8610 in nice shape. Anyone have any opinions on these processors?

cornykid":smq6pwfg said:
I need to bed into a 32' wide barn. I have located a haybuster 256+2, 1100, Jiffy, and Case IH 8610 in nice shape. Anyone have any opinions on these processors?
The 256 HayBuster is almost the same as the Vermeer I use. It will blow hay about 25 feet depending on how course the hay is.

Latest posts