Bale Beds

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky

Reaction score
Looking at getting an arm bed for the feed truck. Really like the Deweze pivot beds but because of price looking more at Butler. Anyone have any experience with Butler? Good or bad?

Never had a Butler but I've got a Hydrabed and a parallel arm DewEze. I love the Hydrabed and plan to put another on the next truck I buy, not really impressed with the DewEze. The pivot arm beds are interesting, but I'm partial to the cable controls on the HB.

Most folks around here run the parallel Deweze. I have a 3 point deweze on the tractor that I like but thinking pivot arms would be better on a truck. Everybody that has Hydrabeds seem to love them, never heard a bad thing about them. I really figure I will only unroll around 100 rolls a year with the truck so hate to spend $15,000 on a Deweze or Hydrabed. Butler beds are about half price and I can't find a used bed for a single wheel C&C.

I feed about 500 rolls/year with the Hydrabed, and move 500 or so with it each summer. Bought it new in 2007 and all I've done was replace the main cylinder under warranty because it came with a pinched seal. The rear arm pivot points are getting a little slop in them, ought to replace those bolts sooner or later. Money well spent.

Latest posts