bald spots on heifers around eyes

Help Support CattleToday:

wideurt

Reaction score
Got some heifers 10. I noticed awhile back one had a bald spot on the side of her head.About three weeks later others getting some bald spots ,some all the way around their eyes.Did a pour on about two weeks ago.I do'nt see much change if any. All healthy eating well.I've seen pics of warts and looks alot like that Just worried about the ones around the eyes

We had a calf here once that my brother brought in from the sale barn. He probably weighed about 300 pounds, so he wasn't a baby calf. In my life, I've never seen one so covered in warts...and yes, they were close to his eyes. If you think they are warts, then were it me, I wouldn't worry about it.

They're eating good and acting good...that's something to give thanks for right there.

Alice

When I say around the eyes I do mean All around the eyes.One has a spot t6he size of ahalf dollar on her ear >They had ticks pretty bad> the pour on seemed to get rid of them.Should I give them more por on in 20 days or wait 30.( 20 for lice eggs if any, 30 for worm eggs)

if its ringworm, it will go away. if its warts, it will go away. dewormer wont help either of these.

I understand that but I've got enough pour on so shouldd'nt I go ahead & worm them again to kill any eggs.Was going to vaccinate for black leg too.

Sure sounds like ringworm to me, not a big deal. It will run its corse. Seems to spread to other calves easy. Iodine works, I rub it in good with rubber gloves on.

This time of year it could be lice or ringworm. You can treat the ringworm with plain old bleach and the lice with a variety of treatments available at your feed store.The ringworm will resolve on it's own eventually; they'll just look like mangy for a while. FYI - you can get ringworm from cattle.

LETS SEE IF I'M DOING THIS RIGHT .IF THIS WORKS THESE ARE THE PIC OF MY COWS
100_1282.JPG
100_1283.JPG
100_1285.JPG

all of our show steers have that, its ringworm. Which I was going to ask about. I have been using the genric for lotrimine, but its getting way too expensive. I went to TSC and they said that this M-T-G is used on horses for a variety of skin problems. On the bottle it says for fungus, but doesn't specify what kind. Has anyone with horses and/or cattle heard of this before. The girl says horse people buy it all the time. They also has a product that said fugus away, but said not to use on animals for consumption. With all of that said, any one have any good and quick ways to get rid of ringworm. I am letting them out to minimize contact with each other, spraying down the feed trough and anything else they come in contact with. Putting iodine on the steers, and even have gone as far as crude oil to smother it. One steer as cleared up but not the other three. I need some ideas and help.

Lilfarmgirl

100_1285-01.jpg

Latest posts