Bad girls (cows)

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":1zurpqs0 said:
I think some of us are talking about 2 different things. I'm not talking about a high headed cow, that gets antsy when she's in a corner. I'm talking about head hunters. Your blocking the sorting hole on a horse, and she tries to jump the horse. That sort of thing.

I seen an old F1 Brangus momma do that to a guy on a 4wheeler. Lucky he ducked down in time. After I knew he was ok that was funny and amazing way she jumped. Talk about a situation where you have to go change your pants after lol.

We have a few bad cows around the country. Not near what we used to. I think back to the awful old spike horned range cows that I'd bring to the corrals as a kid when I rode out with the cowboy crew during summer vacation etc. and shake my head. My kids are surprised when one bad one comes in with a set we are branding or something. Nevada is the exception. Those old cows have to work ALOT of country and fend for themselves, the cows that do the best in that setting don't always have the most charming personality.

There's a big difference between a farm and ranch. Why anyone on a farm would have a high strung crazy animal makes absolutely no sense to me. I'll leave the wild cattle for the cowboy's and the wanna be cowboy's to deal with. From my experience it's easier to lead a hundred head of cows with a bucket than push them with horses and dogs.

Nesikep":1b22x6vs said:
I've had a few cows that just HATED dogs but were totally docile otherwise.... I'm OK with that.. those are good temperaments in my books

I have a cow that'll try to kill any chicken entering get domain ... but otherwise (dogs, cats, etc) doesn't much care and is sweet as pie with people.

Just like people, they all have different things they don't like.