Back from behind the Canuck Curtain

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I got done a day early so I flew home this evening. I am finally thawing out. I enjoyed the people, food and beer of Waterloo but not the weather.

Aaron, I think you are in Stratford right? That looked to be only 45 minutes or so away. Have you ever tried Creemore or Waterloo Dark beer? Pretty good stuff. Next time I am up that way lets try to get together and talk cattle. I'll buy you dinner and a brew.

HOSS":1hjeeojt said:
I got done a day early so I flew home this evening. I am finally thawing out. I enjoyed the people, food and beer of Waterloo but not the weather.

Aaron, I think you are in Stratford right? That looked to be only 45 minutes or so away. Have you ever tried Creemore or Waterloo Dark beer? Pretty good stuff. Next time I am up that way lets try to get together and talk cattle. I'll buy you dinner and a brew.

Hahaha. Stratton. Think 'Briggs & Stratton'. Complete other end of the province (where the red star is), full 24 hours drive away. But your not the first to confuse the two - lots of Canucks do.

You would have been 'close' to Bez, but even that would have been 4 or 5 hour drive, right Bez?. I don't know driving times down there. Everyone gets on that 401 and the whole place flashes to warp speed. I've been with experienced 401 drivers down there and I can't believe more people don't die on that highway.

My apologies Aaron for getting your towns mixed up. All those town names run together after awhile :oops: You my friend are in a COLD, COLD, COLD area :lol:

I actually flew into Detroit and took the 401 all the way there and back which is about 3.5 hrs each way. To be honest I was getting impatient due to the slow speed limits. I ran with traffic at 118 to 120 kmh and felt like I was just creeping along. I am used to driving 135 to 140 kmh here on the interstate highways here in Tennessee. Our posted speed limit is 70 mph or roughly 113 kmh.

I did see a dead deer on the side of the 401. It looked like a pony with antlers laying there. All the deer I saw where huge bodied.

greybeard":369yqzge said:
HOSS":369yqzge said:
I got done a day early so I flew home this evening.
Well, that explains it--I 'thought' I sensed a disturbance in The Force...........
Yep....and boy are my arms tired :lol2: :mrgreen: :cowboy:

HOSS":18jueaka said:
My apologies Aaron for getting your towns mixed up. All those town names run together after awhile :oops: You my friend are in a COLD, COLD, COLD area :lol:

I actually flew into Detroit and took the 401 all the way there and back which is about 3.5 hrs each way. To be honest I was getting impatient due to the slow speed limits. I ran with traffic at 118 to 120 kmh and felt like I was just creeping along. I am used to driving 135 to 140 kmh here on the interstate highways here in Tennessee. Our posted speed limit is 70 mph or roughly 113 kmh.

I did see a dead deer on the side of the 401. It looked like a pony with antlers laying there. All the deer I saw where huge bodied.

Yes, it is cold. My area is not a place you want to visit in the winter. 'I' don't even want to be here in the winter.

Big difference between the interstates and these hi-speed deathtraps up here. Interstates are made and maintained properly, which equals some beautiful driving. Nobody has ever learned up here what a wide, paved shoulder is.

The deer up here in the north are even bigger. The population was getting out of control and I seen a lot of smaller does a few years ago, but last year's hard winter, coupled with a healthy wolf population has left only the biggest ones again. Apparently there is a 300+lb buck walking around on one of my places, but I haven't seen him yet.

Apparently there is a 300+lb buck walking around on one of my places, but I haven't seen him yet.
Now you've done it--Hoss is probably throwing his bags back in his vehicle and on his way back up there this morning...

greybeard":3hri9ugr said:
Apparently there is a 300+lb buck walking around on one of my places, but I haven't seen him yet.
Now you've done it--Hoss is probably throwing his bags back in his vehicle and on his way back up there this morning...

Hoss can have him I still haven't warmed back up from the central Texas hunt last week.
Never know about Hoss he might be headed this way after reading this.
http://www.chron.com/sports/outdoors/ar ... 006756.php

Latest posts