Baby nearly here!!

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Had to share my excitement somewhere... my mare is looking as tho she'll be dropping her foal this week, and as it's getting closer I'm getting more and more excited!!
Moved her by herself on Sunday... she's been standing off by herself a bit, tail raised, and she's quite grumpy and doesn't look too comfy!! Just waiting for her to bag up now. I'm pretty sure it will be this week... if not, most definitely next week!
Lol, sorry guys, just had to share!! :roll: :D

Awesome!! You breed Conny's don't you Killala.

We've got an ASH mare about to foal this week, a lot of babies :p

Thanks guys. Went and saw her last night... she's SOO pregnant it's not funny, poor dear!
Bek, yes, I breed Connie's. We've got a gorgeous foal on the ground now, the first by my friend's stallion. One of the best Connie foals I've seen in a while!

Connemara Ponies... native pony of Ireland. The best thing since sliced bread in my opinion!!:p 8)

Congrats on the nearly new foal, I hope all goes wells. I have a question and a statement for you. Do you watch for the mare nipples to wax up? When they wax up the foal should be 24 to 48 hours away. They can be bagged up for a couple of weeks and baby movement or position or cramps can cause a mare to raise it's tail.

My question is with conni's or other breeds in your country is it different on "offical" horse age. Meaning here in the U.S., January 1st, by all (most) association rules a horse turns a year older. So I have a Quarter horse colt that was born on, lets say, April 1st. So on January 1st of the following year, the colt is really only 9 months old but is grouped with all the other Quarter horses born during that calander year. Where it runs into a problem is, let say, you have a horse that you want to compete as a 2 year old, it was born in November. Well, January 1st of the 2 yr old year, the horse is really only 14 months, but by rule is a 2 yr old. When the same horse is 5 yrs who cares.

Just curious if the different down under.

Alan

Latest posts