baby HH (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Beautiful day in Ohio today. 22 degrees and Sunny. Here is the latest hereford addition. Tiny little heifer came early.
IMG_2916.JPG

Hubby unrolling hay. This bale got ahead of him and half of it landed in the creek. :roll:
IMG_2917.JPG

Pretty girl!! We have one hereford cow, but they do not do well around here. I wish they did though, because I really like their temperment and would own more! Congratz on the successful calf!

beautiful calf certs
is that a 706 farmall there? we had one just like it when i was a kid. cut my baby teeth on it.

Matt, the sire is indeed the horned bull. Missed the Mrnak sale this year. Didn't even get to chat with them about the stock this year. Really good folk up there in ND. See ya in a few weeks.

Bif, that sure is a 706. Has the 310 german diesel. Hubby is an IH nut. Best tractor we've ever owned. It starts eaiser than the 756 so it gets used in the winter the most. Runs the baler in the summer.

Thanks for the comments on the calves in both threads folks. Just such a nice day today, thought I'd share some of it with ya.

I dont think i've ever seen anyone roll a bale out with a front spear. interesting. dad unrolls the peanut bales with the forks on the back, and sometimes will start the bermuda rolls for me if they are flattened on one side. but usually i can roll them out by hand about 10 times quicker than he can with a fork.

certherfbeef":1hsn1sdz said:
This bale got ahead of him and half of it landed in the creek. :roll:

bet it was your fault, too, huh cert? :lol:

Beefy, he is unrolling it with the front tire. The fork is up there so he can stop the bale if it gets away from him. He was busy yapping at me for pointing the camera at him and didn't watch it very close. This is about where he got behind and it took off.

oh, i guess that makes more sense then. i bet this is one of those things that most normal people do that has never occured to me. i hate it when that happens.

i see the hereford calf found the hay. it amazes me how i can unroll one and turn around and there be calves laying all in it already.

Ya beefy, and if you'll notice, that calf is committing one of my pet peeves. NO EARTAG.

Mamma likes to get a close look at my wrangler patch and has taught baby to run like the wind. Me and the horse are on a mission tomorrow morning, tagger in saddle bag. Pigin string and willow stick close by.

Nice heifer calve cert!

Now hubby has probably rolled thousands of bales out, and you gotta catch the one he has a problem with. Is that on his peave list? Photographers with uncanny timing? Maybe he was just trying to set the cows up so when they fuinshed eating hay, they would be able to drink. ;-)

Good luck tomorrow. Don't wear your wranglers.

Nice calf and beautiful country you have out there, Cert how close are you to OSU my wife went there for college she knows that area pretty well

Nice calf Cert. I always soak my cereal for a few seconds and I dip my sandwhiches in my soup too.

Latest posts