assistance please

Help Support CattleToday:

sporder

Reaction score
have a 6 year old hereford that is due any day. when she sits down she has a large pink ball showing at the back end. she had the same thing last year so we called the vet who said that it would not cause a problem when giving birth. the vet did say what it was but i have forgot and within 30 mins of the vets internal the cow gave birth to twins with no assistance. I am not overly concerned about giving birth but this is something different that i would like to know more about.
Picture169.jpg

It's something to be concerned about but not to worry about. Happens most in over conditioned and heavily bred cows. As long as it goes back in when she gets up there isn;t much you can do about it. Some cows that aren;t over conditioned will do it also but it's still just in the heavy breds. I've had a number of cows that have had it real late in gestation, they haven;t prolapsed which was my concern. Strangly it seems that if they pee after they get up then lay back down that it doesn;t show.
It's a benign neglect deal. Keep an eye on it just in case but don;t do anything unless it should come out and not go back in.

sporder":2wir7xpi said:
thanks dun. it does go away sometimes when she sits in a different position. again once she had given birth last year we did nt see it again
That's the heavy bred part, her body is FULL