Arthritis

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
I am sure many of you have some arthritis. I have it bad and now it is in my spine where I had a back operation 8 years ago. It has been giving me a fit for the last month while I have been rolling hay. I do take medicine twice a day but it is not taking care of it.
Any tips or home made cures to help? I am ready to try anything.

I found (much to my surprise) that hte liquid glocosomine and chondroiton stuff actaully helps. The pills don;t do diddly but the liquid stuff is different

Dun, I have been on the pills for about 3 years and at first they seemed to help but not now. I will try the liquid. Any certain brand you can recomend?

kenny thomas":7ipcwzg4 said:
Dun, I have been on the pills for about 3 years and at first they seemed to help but not now. I will try the liquid. Any certain brand you can recomend?
I'm using Elations because it's available locally in the stores here. I took the horse pills for 3-4 years myself. That was why I was so surprised that within a month of taking the liquid stuff I could tell the difference. Vitamin D3 also helps a little. Combining all of the littles has made a pretty significant difference. Haven;t had to take any pain meds for a while and that's with tractor, fence, cow, and chainsaw work.

kenny thomas":3ex0zrnq said:

I was told by a Chiropractor that the cheap stuff you can get at the chain stores is the bottom of the barrel of the mixture, has trace amounts of tylenol in them and that is why the effects wear off over time. I don't know if he was yanking my chain to sell me the expensive stuff or not. I never researched it and have never used it, but I'm thinking the day I will try is drawing real close.

MistyMorning":3btkne2m said:
kenny thomas":3btkne2m said:

I was told by a Chiropractor that the cheap stuff you can get at the chain stores is the bottom of the barrel of the mixture, has trace amounts of tylenol in them and that is why the effects wear off over time. I don't know if he was yanking my chain to sell me the expensive stuff or not. I never researched it and have never used it, but I'm thinking the day I will try is drawing real close.
I tried the expensive stuff for a month then quit and went back to the horse pills. When this less expensive (sure ain;t cheap) stuff became available I tried it. Works s well as the expensive astuff did and leaves more money in my pocket for smokes.

I've be taking Voltarol tablets, but they don't seem to be doing anything anymore, so I'm off to the Quacks this afternoon to see what she will give me. Anything she does will be free so wont hurt to try. That is one good thing about our National Health Service pills and potions are free for the over 60's and anyone like me with a long term life threatening health problem.

ROCKSPRINGS":2zypmfxt said:
Friend of mine is getting a knee replacement and they told him it will have a greese zirk on each side. :D
I know about four people that have had knee's done and not one of them has grease zerk in them, as only one componant is metal all the rest is plastic. I think he is jerking your chain.

I just have in my fingers and pretty bad in the wrist of my right hand. If I have handled books all day, like, covering them, I'm pretty tore up at the end of the day. I've got crunchy knees, too. Seems like everything is on the bottom shelf.

Alieve, just one, when I need it. Two if they throb. And heat. Using an immobilizer on my wrist seems to help, too.

Getting old sucks, does it not???

Latest posts