Anyone use Ten X? Thoughts?

Help Support CattleToday:

The Ten X bulls at the SAV all looked great, the top selling bull for the sale was sired by Ten X, $260,000 sold to Genex. I think it had a big spread with a bw epd of .(something) and a ww epd of 71. All of the ten x looked really wide, across the back and down through the chest. Looked good.

I have looked at his pictures and his progeny, his progeny are big butted bulls many of which outshine him and his daughters have great form. I have often wondered about the concept of what a bull is from this perspective.

Would it matter if a bull looked like a greyhound if he produced the phenotypes and genotypes that you desire? The bull is the messenger, the message is what you covet.

BTW: Why is there not an API for angus like there is for simmental?

inyati13":q71ljzi0 said:
I have looked at his pictures and his progeny, his progeny are big butted bulls many of which outshine him and his daughters have great form. I have often wondered about the concept of what a bull is from this perspective.

Would it matter if a bull looked like a greyhound if he produced the phenotypes and genotypes that you desire? The bull is the messenger, the message is what you covet.

BTW: Why is there not an API for angus like there is for simmental?

Angus association uses $indexes in place of the other indexes other breeds use.

mncowboy":23lw705g said:
The Ten X bulls at the SAV all looked great, the top selling bull for the sale was sired by Ten X, $260,000 sold to Genex. I think it had a big spread with a bw epd of .(something) and a ww epd of 71. All of the ten x looked really wide, across the back and down through the chest. Looked good.

Did you spend much time looking at the heifers? I felt like I could pick out the TenX heifers in the pen without looking at their tags, and it wasn't because they were better.

bse":pnsvwbte said:
Like him or dislike him you cant deny how his progeny is selling, heifers and bulls toping sales across the country, he must be doing something right.

Three of his sons sold locally this week placing 2,3,4 in the sale. 5200, 5000, 5000, all to the same buyer.

Jake":2kzzt2zc said:
mncowboy":2kzzt2zc said:

Did you spend much time looking at the heifers? I felt like I could pick out the TenX heifers in the pen without looking at their tags, and
it wasn't because they were better.[/quote]

What was the difference. I am thinking about using him on a couple of GV cows. What am i giving up to use him?

3waycross":28am22ku said:
Jake":28am22ku said:
mncowboy":28am22ku said:

Did you spend much time looking at the heifers? I felt like I could pick out the TenX heifers in the pen without looking at their tags, and
it wasn't because they were better.[/quote]

What was the difference. I am thinking about using him on a couple of GV cows. What am i giving up to use him?

I felt they had less rib shape than I thought they should. Overall flatter sided cattle, I thought the depth of body was less than desirable.

Latest posts