Anyone use or would you trust this?

Help Support CattleToday:

DLD":lneu90t9 said:
Newer gas engines are not meant to run high viscosity oils, and doing so can and does have adverse affects. Even 90's models - I know several examples of trucks that had been running high viscosity oils and couldn't hold oil presssure - some do after changing back to the recommended weight oil, some end up needing a top end or a whole motor.

We run 5W-30 Motorcraft semi-synthetic in all of our Ford gassers (change at 5k miles), and have run several 200k plus with no problems.

I had the oil changed at a quick lube type garage. Told them I wanted the semi-synthetic. Its a 2014 F-250 6.2 gas engine. I noticed they used 5W-20. Not 5W-30. Unless the sticker is a misprint.

Is That TOO THIN?

Bright Raven":21ha6hii said:
DLD":21ha6hii said:
Newer gas engines are not meant to run high viscosity oils, and doing so can and does have adverse affects. Even 90's models - I know several examples of trucks that had been running high viscosity oils and couldn't hold oil presssure - some do after changing back to the recommended weight oil, some end up needing a top end or a whole motor.

We run 5W-30 Motorcraft semi-synthetic in all of our Ford gassers (change at 5k miles), and have run several 200k plus with no problems.

I had the oil changed at a quick lube type garage. Told them I wanted the semi-synthetic. Its a 2014 F-250 6.2 gas engine. I noticed they used 5W-20. Not 5W-30. Unless the sticker is a misprint.

Is That TOO THIN?

No, my bad. We run 5W-20 too. That's what I meant, just not what I typed. It worried me at first too, I grew up using 10-40 and sometimes 15-50 in everything.

Edit - guess for some reason this didn't post a day or two ago when I wrote it, but did when I just now logged in. Puts it a little out of synch with the new thread on the same subject - sorry.

Latest posts