Anyone have experience with Agri-Gro plant stimulant

Help Support CattleToday:

keysbottles

Reaction score
Amish farmers recently moved into our area and they praise this product. Says it builds the health of the soil, worms etc, plus releases nitrogen, P and K that is stored there also. Has anyone ever used it? It's a lot cheaper than com. fertilizer and I am considering it next spring.

http://www.agrigro.com/products2.html

My neighbor sells something similar to this. It does work great as a suppliment. What you have to be careful of is that it will release your buffer nutrients and with time can deplete this leaving you in a big mess later down the line. Best thing to do is consider it a suppliment and no more. There is no way to short the nutrient cycle. BTW, it is very easy to make your own and the cost is a little more than $5/acre.

Thanks for the information. I applied one this company's products last year, 2009, which consisted of Agri-gro, liquid chicken manure and liquid lime. About $35 per acre. I had great pasture but it rained all year,,,so I don't know which was responsible. I've been reading about healthy soil, organic etc. and have been considering chicken litter, $40 per ton, and Agri-Gro, $6 per acre. Agri-Gro is a local company and they make this stuff sound great but I also know that is a salesman talking. How do you make this product?

The label will show you a lot. But the bulk of many of these products is liquid iron. Then they may add some some sugars and chelated nutrients. Some may even add hormones for root growth etc all depends. For your fertilizer needs you'd be much better off using the chicken litter. I'm assuming you mean $40/ton/acre spread. The chicken litter will hit the ground and build your soil reserves whereas the foliar feeding will simply feed the plant and/or mine the reserves. I'd save the foliar feeding for any special hay you want to put up cause it will make a difference but for only about two weeks. One cheap experiment you can do is just spray a portion of your field and see if this isn't the case. This is what I did when my neighbor constantly pestered me to buy his product. His product worked but it did not cure cancer or rabies like he said. Similar products like this are used a lot here in vegetable production just before picking. If you spray your green vegetables with liquid iron a couple of weeks before picking they will look beautiful and dark green and have a high sugar content from the boost to photosythesis. I've used the same technique on hay and it did wonderful but after two weeks you couldn't tell any difference.

Latest posts