anyone else think their dad is really smart

Help Support CattleToday:

When I was a little kid I thought my dad knew everything. When I was a teenager I thought my dad didn't know very much. When I was in my twenties I thought MY dad didn't know anything. When I got to my thirties I thought my dad might know something after all. As I approach my forties I realize my dad really does know it all. :idea:

Hey Gate Opener--what a great thread! Lots of interesting stories. I also think fathers and daughters have a special connection/relationship. Especially through cattle/farming. There's nothing like the "special" times me and my dad have spent breaking ice for cattle, working cattle, hauling hay, hauling cattle to the sale barn and anxiously waiting to see who got the most per pound (haha) just to name a few special times :)

I can guarantee my Dad wasn't half as smart when I was 16 as he was when I turned 30. Still can't figure out how he caught up and passed me.

He's been gone since '82 but I can still feel him slipping up behind me, ready to slap me in the back of the head when I screw up.

Mama taught me about art and cooking and books. My old man (and his Daddy) gave me my hands and my seat and taught me my work ethic and how to read horses and cattle.Z

I don't have my dad but I quote him and consult with him just about every day. He could be tough when he had to be, but he sure was fun too.

"Tear it up..." :)

Latest posts