Anybody familiar with this bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience using this bull....KCF Bennett S30? Semen is available at Bull Barn. I am curious about any hoof or leg issues, disposition and growth. Has anybody seen any of his offspring? His AGA reg# is 1008656 in case the link below doesn't work. He has great epd's.

KCFS30.jpg

http://search.gelbvieh.org/anisch.aspx

I asked Eldon about that bull the other day. He did not know anything about him, also asked Roger Gatz about him with the same results. I had not seen a picture of him either so thanks for posting. We are going to ai to post rock granite, trendsetter and black impact. I am also kind of interested in the revolution bull that cattemens connection is listing. I have been very happy with our granite and trendsetter calves fwiw.

cleland,

I also like the Post Rock Granite bull. I have seen several of his off-spring and they are pretty impressive. This Bennett bull has really caught my eye and I sure would like to know more about him.

I have never used much Bennett breeding. The bennett kingpin cattle are awesome though from what i have seen. Kingpin has no semen left but trendsetter and revolution are sons

cleland":281gjs2r said:
I have never used much Bennett breeding. The bennett kingpin cattle are awesome though from what i have seen. Kingpin has no semen left but trendsetter and revolution are sons

I really like Revolution but have to be careful where I would use him The Tabasco blood does not PAP well. Believe me I know. The Bull Hoss brings to the table(S30) is VERY balanced maybe more than his half brothers. He is also incredible for growth.

call the Bennets and talk to them.
good cattlemen.
good people.
Honest and dependable.
they will tell you straight up about anything they produce.
they raise three breeds. hereford, angus and gelbveigh

My concern with this particular bull is that I am sitting here looking at the Bennett spring bull sale catalog and I see exactly one son of his in the catalog. They own the bull and do not appear to be using him much. They have registered only 63 or so calves out of him and he is a 5 year old and they only registered three calves last year out of him. Kingpin was a great bull and Kingpin sons like Trendsetter and the other sons that seem to be emerge will be in demand now that the Kingpin semen is gone. This bull may end up being a good one, but I would feel better about using him if Knoll Crest was using him themselves.

The thing about Bennett's is everything that come from there has great EPDs. Some of them keep those EPDs like G196, Kingpin, Landmark, etc when they leave and some do not. S30 has not sired any calves anywhere except Knoll Crest. He may keep his great numbers or he may crash, time will tell.

Sorry Hoss , the only thing I know about him is I know the guy that he let take his picture. Did his pic catch your eye or what was it about him you liked so much?

Circle H Ranch

CKSGelbvieh":2nwa2prh said:
My concern with this particular bull is that I am sitting here looking at the Bennett spring bull sale catalog and I see exactly one son of his in the catalog. They own the bull and do not appear to be using him much. They have registered only 63 or so calves out of him and he is a 5 year old and they only registered three calves last year out of him. Kingpin was a great bull and Kingpin sons like Trendsetter and the other sons that seem to be emerge will be in demand now that the Kingpin semen is gone. This bull may end up being a good one, but I would feel better about using him if Knoll Crest was using him themselves.

The thing about Bennett's is everything that come from there has great EPDs. Some of them keep those EPDs like G196, Kingpin, Landmark, etc when they leave and some do not. S30 has not sired any calves anywhere except Knoll Crest. He may keep his great numbers or he may crash, time will tell.

Excellent observation. I need to call them back tomorrow and ask some questions about the bull. Frankly I never heard of him till Hoss posted the link. Like I said I like his 1/2 bro a lot but am avoiding Tabasco(who I like but pap issues) I am ordering semen from bull barn this week and may pick up a few straws and see what he throws.

Cattleman200":28sdrwj4 said:
Sorry Hoss , the only thing I know about him is I know the guy that he let take his picture. Did his pic catch your eye or what was it about him you liked so much?

Circle H Ranch

Did you look at his EPD's? I cannot find a hole in them.

HOSS":1h2nr8mo said:
cleland,

I also like the Post Rock Granite bull. I have seen several of his off-spring and they are pretty impressive. This Bennett bull has really caught my eye and I sure would like to know more about him.

Here is my Granite 200P2 son.
image994.jpg

Like the calves but I will sell him if anyone is interested. He is sneaking a Bennett Ideal trait (his dam is sired by Ideal) in on me and giving me some white spots and stars on the calves. Like the bull a lot but I do not need white spots, stars, tips on tails, etc. Some of the 200P2 calves look good as long as they come from a cow with good depth of body and thickness. Some really struggle to grow if they are out of cows without much growth and thickness. But I do like him overall which is why I bought a son in the first place.

Cattleman200":n42g7wdu said:

Circle H Ranch

I was browsing around on the Gelbvieh association site doing a "what if" match-up type scenario with epd's on a certain cow that I have. Anyway while putting in a search on epd's that would improve areas of my cow he popped up. I checked out his #'s and WOW! So I then did an internet search to see if I could find his pic. I couldn't so I emailed Knoll Crest and Paul sent me the pic with a note that said that they really liked him and that he added lots of depth and thickness to a calf. That was it. I have not had the time to ask for more detailed info.

I went to KCF to look at the S30 bull back in the spring. I was impressed. Moderate frame, around a 5.5, very thick, plenty of rib and good disposition. The daughters have beautiful udders. They had been using him on Angus cows to make Balancers. He's an '06 model so they weren't yet using him heavily when the past year's bull sale bulls were being conceived. If you go the AGA web page and put KCF S30 where it says prefix/tattoo, his current information will come up. At the bottom of that screen you can click on progeny and see that they have registered over 60 calves out of him up through the spring 2010 calf crop. They have a bunch of his daughters there and they were pretty fine with beautiful udders. I am using him on my Boo Boo daughters to add some power without compromising marbling, udder quality, or frame.

Latest posts