Any washed up HS football players care to post a pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Calhoun Farm

Reaction score
I think we have quite a few ex HS stars here, just curious if anyone of you have pictures from your hay day?

I'll start, I play LB

Used 44 in honor of the Boz!

Calhoun Farm":2gaw47at said:
I think we have quite a few ex HS stars here, just curious if anyone of you have pictures from your hay day?

I'll start, I played LB

I played but no pics. HB and CB....I think this was before pics were affordable and long before color. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":3ol8i7dq said:
I played but no pics. HB and CB....I think this was before pics were affordable and long before color. :lol2: :lol2:

Found your HS football picture Richard
George_Gipp.jpg

Calhoun Farm":36tzniqo said:

I'll start, I play LB

Fred etched one or two on a tablet.
I might remember in a week or two if a door doesn't act as an eraser where they are.
Played OLB, and kickoff returns. Broke my leg on a return planted it wrong when a
guy that looked like he was up for the NFL draft and I made contact.
I loved baseball as well. Played second base and centerfield and never hit a homerun in my life.
Had a good BA just no long ball.

3waycross":3gfupntg said:
TexasBred":3gfupntg said:

Found your HS football picture Richard
George_Gipp.jpg

Dang you....left my leather helmet out of the pic. That's me though..Single wing all the way.

John it was long before color. We were all white. Maybe a high yeller or two on the team. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Oldest son was much better football player than I was.
Was recruited by USC, SMU, Rice, Tarleton State and Abilene Christian.
Blew it all on a DIL his junior year. You would have to tape a quarter to her ass
and throw it off something high to say you lost something.

Nesikep":2bnfyy8n said:
Were you staring directly into the sun?... That's a GWB pose *squint*

Actually yes :D

Everybody told me I was trying to look tough, but I actually couldn't see. They took those pics a few days before school started in August. I still remember it being about 95* and 90% humidity. Was soaked with sweat just from taking pictures.

Played defensive end. I'll look for pics but don't have a clue. Just stopped by my old high school on business and looked through the trophy case this morning actually.

I played middle linebacker in high school. Weighed a whopping 185 lbs :mrgreen: but I could bench press over 300. Now the numbers are reversing :???:

My love was baseball. I pitched and played 3rd base. I had power and hit a few long balls but a terrible BA for high school. Coaches kept me working on pitching instead of BP. I had a partial baseball scholarship to Austin Peay State University as a pitcher but elected to go in the military instead.......maybe not the wisest decision I ever made.

Plaved center, and got a couple cups of coffee at LSU until I blew a knee. Had it to do all over again I wouldnt have even looked at a football. It just takes a toll on the body especially in the later years.

Anytime I'm around someone from Europe, I always tell them I like football, better than football. Then I tell them, I was only joking. I actually like football, better than football, and that I used to play football.

I had a shot to play D3 college ball but to me it wasn't worth it. The school was private and very expensive, didn't seem worth it to rack up 100k in school loans just to play "college" football at a school not much bigger than a good sized high school. We had a company come thru advertising for alumni football usa, they put on alumni football games and provide the equipment. I wanted to play but I'm only 8 months out of back surgery and no way its worth risking getting hurt to relive some old memories. Not to mention I'm way out of shape.

HOSS":26oepzwl said:
I played middle linebacker in high school. Weighed a whopping 185 lbs :mrgreen: but I could bench press over 300. Now the numbers are reversing :???:

My love was baseball. I pitched and played 3rd base. I had power and hit a few long balls but a terrible BA for high school. Coaches kept me working on pitching instead of BP. I had a partial baseball scholarship to Austin Peay State University as a pitcher but elected to go in the military instead.......maybe not the wisest decision I ever made.

In that picture I weighed 165lbs, benched 275 and swatted 325. I was always stronger in my upper body than my lower.

Between chasing girls and learning the hard way that I wasn't worth a crap at riding bulls, I didn't have time for other sports.
Cause and effect was involved in that equation..

Played off and on while I was living in Dallas but was small (140- 5'9") and by the time I was a sophomore most had outgrown me so I couldn't make the high school team. Junior year we moved to Blue Ridge and I was introduced to 8 man football. With a total of 14 guys going out it was easy to make that team. Played both ways as ends, but QB'd when the regular guy was hurt, as well as tail back on occasion. I was the place kicker and punter. Also received kickoffs and punts. I guess the district coaches liked me because I made the all district team that year.

Senior year we moved up to 11 man and I primarily stayed at both end positions. Had my most fun when coach asked me to move to nose guard and create some havoc. Big center and little me could blow under him and create fumbles or grab the QB's leg. They finally went to the shotgun and I had to go back to my end, which I would switch back whenever he went back under center. Crappy ending because it was two minutes to half of the last game of the season when the ACL and meniscus blew up.

I had never heard of 8man football until I was long out of HS. Curious how offense and defense works missing 3 players.

Latest posts