any tips for building fence out into a pond?

Help Support CattleToday:

I was dead serious about wanting to see Sky get himself in the alpaca business. I truly look forward to reading his threads about his alpaca ranch and all the things he will do with the riches he will get.

If the water is shallow all the better. Last ones I set were in 6-8' of water and the stepladder was a must. If you can walk to the spot washing the holes is the only way to do it if there is any water at all unless you can get a tractor with a front end loader there to push the posts in the ground without getting mired up. Good luck with it and either way I'm sure it will be fun doings.

greybeard":3ewlbs0k said:
I need to fence off a recreational portion of my pond bank---cows are knocking everything around there down--tables, light, benches, pushing the boat out into the water etc.
PProblem is, the pond level varies from season to season and now it is at max high, so I will need to put posts out in the water about 8' off the current bank.
How?
(no, I don't have an excavator or long boom backhoe to pound them down with)

How far out in the water does the fence need to be. Is it 8' as stated. Here on lake fork they will pour a slab for a boat ramp and push it into the lake. Looks like you might weld up a frame for a sixteen foot livestock panel. Build a form about two foot wide with lumber. Pour concrete to make a slab two foot wide by maybe 18 foot long 6 inches thick. Then push it into the lake where you want the to be.

hurleyjd":2t4yuqkk said:
You could sell the cows and quit worrying about them messing everything up.
If I were to entertain that idea, I'd just go ahead and sell the whole place along with the cattle.

The concrete idea I might consider tho.

greybeard":2lpmvndw said:
hurleyjd":2lpmvndw said:
You could sell the cows and quit worrying about them messing everything up.
If I were to entertain that idea, I'd just go ahead and sell the whole place along with the cattle.

The concrete idea I might consider tho.
Another thought you might build a slide type frame from drill stem type tubing spread the runners out about 4 foot and attach the uprights to it. Probable no use for a picture I think you can visualize what the idea is.

Latest posts