Any Thoughts

Help Support CattleToday:

Also if the economy collapses maybe all the illegal immigrants will go back to their motherland

jltrent":3orxrk3w said:
sstterry":3orxrk3w said:
jltrent":3orxrk3w said:
A lot depends on the individual. I have probably two years food right now on shelves, plenty of cattle to eat. Seed laid up for two years and ability to grow my own food. At least 10000 rounds laid up and just saw 14 deer on the back side of the farm. In the short run I will be alright.
Don't forget pond fish if you have them. They can also be a good source of protein in the event of a catastrophe.

Two rock throws from a river down from my front door that has fish, a pond would be nice.

But what if you don't have enough money to buy a fishing license? ;-) :lol2:

Jogeephus":of582le3 said:
jltrent":of582le3 said:
sstterry":of582le3 said:
Don't forget pond fish if you have them. They can also be a good source of protein in the event of a catastrophe.

Two rock throws from a river down from my front door that has fish, a pond would be nice.

But what if you don't have enough money to buy a fishing license? ;-) :lol2:

A guy I worked with in the 70's was a 16 yo kid living in a logging camp during the depression. He said his job was to make sure everyone had venison to eat. He said when the game warden came through camp that he never walked around behind the houses because there was generally a quarter of a deer hanging on the back porch of nearly every house. I wonder if they would turn a blind eye today.

In the Great Depression, many folks were put to work on the CCC etc. (Some of you have mentioned having relatives who worked for the CCC or similar. My granddad did for a bit, building Tygart Dam in WV). Even if we had a big "public works" (jobs) program, who would they find that knew how to work with their hands? Or maybe instead we'd have a new CCC comprised of people writing gaming apps or hosting Youtube channels on how to put on makeup :pretty: , and other socially beneficial services :roll:

Farm Fence Solutions":9r87yisk said:
The unemployment rate during the great depression was 25%.
If I can't manage to rank in the top 75% of the American workforce, I have failed.
Many of the jobs held by those in the 75% were barely subsistence wage.
I remember many an old timer (most have long passed away) who came of age during the depression saying...
"We never knew we were poor, back then nobody had any money, we were all in the same boat."

Latest posts