Any RVers on here?

Help Support CattleToday:

I understand that if your a social person, which I'm not. 😆 I'm like you I'd rather be at home than listen to some people at the camp grounds. Don't get me wrong I used to camp all over when I was younger and really enjoyed it. Seems my nerves just don't tolerate people as much I like my peace, quiet, or at least make my own noise.
Yesterday, we were mowing at one of our houses in town. The neighbor seriously jist came out stood in the street staring at us. My husband stopped mowing after he kept standing there from the time he mowed half the yard asked if he was mowing wrong? Or if he wanted to mow or what? The man told him no he never saw a mower like that. 🤦🏽‍♀️ weird cause they are all over. Than the other neighbor came out staring. I've already got in to it with that one for stealing the yard decorations and bring his dog in our yard to use the restroom. I made it pretty clear my children play in the yard sometimes and if I see him or his dog in our yard much less a dog turd....I didn't have a dog but I don't mind bring him some cow 💩 for his front door. 🤣 I wouldn't take my dog if I had one 2 house down in somebody's yard to mess not sure why people think that's okay. Really ticked me off. I'm not talking on the edge of the yard I'm talking all up in the yard. The entire time we put a new roof on the house they stared. I just don't understand people like that. I'm talking 2 days this lady stood at her mailbox like 😲😯😮😳 I'm over here like do you want me to bring you a chair and a beer or what the heck. 🙄
I'd rather stay home do what I want in my own yard nobody can see me. 😁🤡

Shell, that neighbor that was staring..... his comment wasn't about the machine (mower) he was talking about the operator!!! Might have been a compliment. ;)

I do like that Town Car but I recently disposed of my 8 track tape collection.
No Problem just use your Cassette collection. That car would stick out on the road. Pretty cool.

IMG_2056_0.JPG

Yes. At the foot of the Big Horn mountains. No cattle any more, just put up hay.
The reason I ask is because you mentioned how crowded it is where you live. It has gotten that way where i live too.

It wasn't always that way here. I tell that to some of the people who I work with that are in their 40's and younger. They can not understand what I am trying to point out to them when i tell them about how much better things were before it became so crowded.

I tell them the reason they don't understand is because they were born in a crowed environment and don't know what it is like before things became so crowed.

Good thing I like solitude. When you're headed this way you're not going anywhere.
When I head out in any direction, I am going someplace.
It is down hill all the way home, once you cross that last ridge.......
The weather is barliable ie. one is barliable to get up the driveway when it storms.....
I'd rather plant a tree here than drive to find one that I can park under.
I was once diagnosed as normal but they later apologized.......

My brother had a motor home. After a couple years they sold it. The cost of up keep, insurance, and storage they figured they could just stay in motels when they want to travel. I have always traveled a lot lighter. Tent, camp stove, ice chest, at times a camper shell on the pickup with a mattress in back. We are considering renting one of those Travel America motor homes on our next extended trip. Depending on how much you use an RV it might be cheaper to rent than to own.

Two years ago we went to Yellowstone, northern Wyoming, and south central Montana. We rented a cabin for 4 or 5 days to base our day trips of the area from. The advertisement for the cabin talked about how remote and back to nature it was. We are much more back to nature at our own house.

My brother had a motor home. After a couple years they sold it. The cost of up keep, insurance, and storage they figured they could just stay in motels when they want to travel. I have always traveled a lot lighter. Tent, camp stove, ice chest, at times a camper shell on the pickup with a mattress in back. We are considering renting one of those Travel America motor homes on our next extended trip. Depending on how much you use an RV it might be cheaper to rent than to own.

Two years ago we went to Yellowstone, northern Wyoming, and south central Montana. We rented a cabin for 4 or 5 days to base our day trips of the area from. The advertisement for the cabin talked about how remote and back to nature it was. We are much more back to nature at our own house.
You defiantly have to use it to make it worth it. We bought a barely used one, the guy used it 6 times. It was a $110,000 rig and we got it for $38,500.00 so I didn't get hit that bad. Probably could sell it and make money right now. My recommendation is find a barely used one and let someone else take the hit.

I think buying used is typically the way to go. They really lose value fast, mostly (I think) because the majority are made cheaply but then sold for outrageous new prices. But some people would rather buy new to get a warranty and many would rather make payments. But if you look them over good you can find used ones in good shape for a good price.

The NRVIA was established to provide increased awareness of the importance of quality RV inspections and to enhance the professionalism of RV inspectors.

Our mission is to set and promote standards for recreational vehicle inspections and to provide the educational programs needed to achieve excellence in the profession and to meet the needs of our members.

Our goal is to develop a nationwide network of certified professional RV inspectors across North America that have undergone a strict, standardized testing and certification process to ensure that the end consumer is getting a quality inspection by a true professional.

I have a friend that purchased one brand new, it had several problems with it and took it back for warranty and they told him it would be 6 months before they could help him. The warranty is a year, and he had is for 3 to 4 months before the problems arrived. Warranty isn't worth much in his case. He paid $200,000 for his

I have a friend that purchased one brand new, it had several problems with it and took it back for warranty and they told him it would be 6 months before they could help him. The warranty is a year, and he had is for 3 to 4 months before the problems arrived. Warranty isn't worth much in his case. He paid $200,000 for his
People are now hiring RV inspectors to inspect new units before purchase. But, dealers and manufacturers do not care. If you step out of line to buy, 10 more step in. Crazy market right now.

How do you spend less that $100? 🤔 Cost that much in fuel to pull it somewhere... what about cost of the campground, food, gota have smores, hotdogs, fish, firewood (bring your own for free) candy, beer, wine, coffee, ect?!
I know you have to eat regardless if your home or in a R.V. Cost me more than $100 in fuel and food for 2 days not even pulling an R.V. I don't eat much. Plus add my family. I may need you to help me budget.
True. A guy told my brother that having a camper meant cheap vacation; all he had to do was hook to it and take off. My brother asked if he got the camper for free. Once the guy started going over costs, it didn't seem so cheap anymore.

It has always penciled out for us. We spend 35-40 nights a year in our rig, 15-20 out of state hunting every season. We eat the same stuff we eat at home so that saves $$. A lot of the places we stay are free or cheap and it takes fuel to get anywhere no matter what. They say one of the dirtiest things in a motel is the pillows, imagine how many people have been slobbering all over that thing. I'll kick the crap to the side in my horse trailer and toss a bedroll down first. 🤷‍♂️

It has always penciled out for us. We spend 35-40 nights a year in our rig, 15-20 out of state hunting every season. We eat the same stuff we eat at home so that saves $$. A lot of the places we stay are free or cheap and it takes fuel to get anywhere no matter what. They say one of the dirtiest things in a motel is the pillows, imagine how many people have been slobbering all over that thing. I'll kick the crap to the side in my horse trailer and toss a bedroll down first. 🤷‍♂️

Pillows maybe pretty nasty but I'd bet the floors are pretty dirty as well. Do ya'll think they ever shampoo them carpets? Unless it's the ones with the laminate floors.

YIKES!

That happened to somebody we know but on a $100,000 something dollar doublewide. They kept calling to get the problems fixed the moble home place wouldn't come fix anything even though it was under warranty. They ended up letting the bank have it. It set in their yard for 1 1/2 years until the bank moved it. It wasn't nothing major that most people couldn't repair. They just figure if it was brand new and already fallen apart left and right they didn't want pay $100,000+ for it.

Latest posts