any hog guys on here?

Help Support CattleToday:

Since Chippie brought up show pigs, you might make sure to ask about a stress gene carrier if you go that route. To many pigs just fall over dead because of that.

I haven't had any problems with that Slick and the only thing that gets the pigs during our Fair in September is the heat. Our barn is old with a low roof and it gets hot in there. We've been waiting for a new building for about 15 years. :(
The industry is working to eliminate the gene. My friend's pigs are not carriers.

chippie":lnc314k7 said:
I haven't had any problems with that Slick and the only thing that gets the pigs during our Fair in September is the heat. Our barn is old with a low roof and it gets hot in there. We've been waiting for a new building for about 15 years. :(
The industry is working to eliminate the gene. My friend's pigs are not carriers.

Pleased to hear they are trying to rid it. I've seen those hogs vibrate walking down the isle. Not pretty when the kid is washing one, its vibrating and then falls over dead.

people are getting wise because many carriers' carcasses will not pass inspection because it affects the quality of meat.

PSS, and PSE is most of the time only in hamp, and hampx, and the number of pigs carrying it has reduced greatly since the packers threaten to quit buying hamps.

Latest posts