Any Clown sightings in your area

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
I've been hearing of this lately on the news; we've even had a few sightings in my rural neck of the woods, but I don't know a lot about it, but i have a few questions if anyone knows more than I:

- for those who have been arrested, what did the police find out? Is it serious or just a bunch of goof balls who have nothing better to do?
- I wonder if the clowns are people local to the areas of the sightings, or if these people are traveling?
- what age group are the people in costume?
- is it elaborate clown costumes that take a while to get into, or just a quick throw on thing?

I will have to admit that it was only a few years ago that I realized some people thought clowns were creepy, a clown phobia so to speak. As a kid, that never crossed my mind. I never got excited about clowns; I always thought they were corny and old school, but never thought about them being particularly scary.

Had a clown stop by here on his way back from colorado a couple of weeks ago

Yeah, there's some of that going on here. Heard people talking about it. I wonder what it's all about?

Sounds like people that have a death wish. Waiting for the YouTube video of the clown that gets double tapped for going after the wrong person.

Bigfoot":2ovxlfe2 said:
Yeah, there's some of that going on here. Heard people talking about it. I wonder what it's all about?

I want to think it's just a bunch of idiots looking for attention, and with social media, everybody knows what's going on everywhere else within minutes. So, some idiot hears about a clown in one area, so he decides to try it 500 miles away, but who knows. Regardless of the intent, it's gotten to the point that someone is going to get hurt.

My mind doesn't think like a criminal, but if I truly wanted to kidnap or harm someone, why the heck would I dress like a clown and stick out like a sore thumb?

I have heard about several clown sightings around GA. None in my part of Middle GA.

I saw a story out of Cincinnati about a person driving around in a clown costume.

Seems no one knows the motive behind the clown epidemic!!!

I deal with clowns everyday. I realize these are a different sort.
On the topic of the recent clowns in the news, they are attention wh*res at the least. All clowns are.
I remember as a kid, I did not like clowns and still don't. I don't understand why a grown man needs to hide behind a costume to entertain.......unless they are pretending to be someone they're not, or have malevolent motives and use the mask to hide behind.
I don't like clowns, real or fake. Keep your distance from me and mine.

Ouachita":2a7cezyr said:
I deal with clowns everyday. I realize these are a different sort.
On the topic of the recent clowns in the news, they are attention wh*res at the least. All clowns are.
I remember as a kid, I did not like clowns and still don't. I don't understand why a grown man needs to hide behind a costume to entertain.......unless they are pretending to be someone they're not, or have malevolent motives and use the mask to hide behind.
I don't like clowns, real or fake. Keep your distance from me and mine.

You are too young. My generation adored clowns. dun will remember as will CB and Greybeard. We grew up in the 50s. The first program I remember after we got a TV was The Howdy Doody Show.

There was a clown we all loved named Clarabell.

Clarabell the Clown was the mute partner of Howdy Doody.

Three actors played Clarabell on a regular basis. The first was Bob Keeshan, who later became Captain Kangaroo. Keeshan was succeeded by Robert "Nick" Nicholson,[1] who also played the character of J. Cornelius Cobb on The Howdy Doody Show. Lew Anderson[2] was the third and last person to play Clarabell. Anderson played the character from 1954 until the series' final show on September 24, 1960. Anderson returned to play Clarabell in the short-lived 1976–77 New Howdy Doody Show and in the 1987 40th anniversary special, and in later years in many personal appearances with Buffalo Bob Smith. In addition, Dayton Allen, Bill LeCornec, and others played Clarabell in the early years if Keeshan was busy doing something else for the show.

Margonme":14lrihhr said:
You are too young. My generation adored clowns. dun will remember as will CB and Greybeard. We grew up in the 50s. The first program I remember after we got a TV was The Howdy Doody Show.

Then along came John Wayne Gacy Jr.. Then Stephen King. Maybe I have PTSD from reading the book It. Maybe King needs to pay for this. Maybe I need a disability check for the trauma. Yeah, that's the ticket - a disability check. Heck with the free phone - of course maybe I'm entitled to this also being I'm so traumatized with Clownaphobia and can't work no more.

Only clowns I have seen in the last few days are on TV and they are running for the President of the United States of America.

TennesseeTuxedo":3461rpcu said:
Lots of Clownaphobia on this site.

Add me to the list of clownaphobia sufferers. My wife hates the Michael Myers Halloween movies, and I hate anything clown related.

Jogeephus":1lpb73rj said:
Margonme":1lpb73rj said:

Then along came John Wayne Gacy Jr.. Then Stephen King. Maybe I have PTSD from reading the book It. Maybe King needs to pay for this. Maybe I need a disability check for the trauma. Yeah, that's the ticket - a disability check. Heck with the free phone - of course maybe I'm entitled to this also being I'm so traumatized with Clownaphobia and can't work no more.

I really did laugh aloud. In my head I heard Jon Lovitz

Aaron":2mhgwhkb said:
Sounds like people that have a death wish. Waiting for the YouTube video of the clown that gets double tapped for going after the wrong person.

That ends the scare real quick. A couple of them and the rest would disappear.

Its not just here on CT.

14479706_1622339684730591_3586836332821474363_n.jpg

Latest posts