Another shotgun

Help Support CattleToday:

I really like old guns. Not that this is the same thing but anymore If I am buying a gun I try to buy one 30 or 40 years old of the same thing as a new one, that's not like these 100 year old ones but still I like older guns.

We bought that shotgun about 12 years ago at a auction place that was kind of snooty, they mostly sold alot of European antique furniture and stuff, but sometimes had some guns and didn't have gun buyers. I believe we paid 75$ for the shotgun.

denvermartinfarms":34exd3lt said:
I really like old guns. Not that this is the same thing but anymore If I am buying a gun I try to buy one 30 or 40 years old of the same thing as a new one, that's not like these 100 year old ones but still I like older guns.

We bought that shotgun about 12 years ago at a auction place that was kind of snooty, they mostly sold alot of European antique furniture and stuff, but sometimes had some guns and didn't have gun buyers. I believe we paid 75$ for the shotgun.

If you paid 75 bucks you stole it. There were 1900's that were made for the new smokeless powder, get the chamber checked get the right shells and shoot the fire out of it. No Magnum loads even in 2 3/4 if has been lengthened no steel either. I have never been much of a rifle nut but I am a certified shotgun nut.
Just looking at the pics you posted I would say 800 to a 1000 dollars would be a fair price. Fine doubles bring more anyway.
The people that like these guns and are willing to pay are guys like me. Brings back memories of hunting with grandpas shotgun.
I would give my eye teeth to have Dad's old L C Smith.

From Remington customer service.

Dear Mr.,

Our records indicate that they were chambered for 2 5/8". If the chamber was lengthened, it was done outside the factory. Thank you for visiting Remington Country! We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write in with your question.

Should you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our Consumer Services Department at 800-243-9700, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, EST, Monday through Friday.
Customer By Email
11/19/2013 10:27 PM
Dear Sirs
I am trying to find out if there were ANY model 1894 or Model 1900 SxS shotguns made with 2 ¾ in chambers. I see several advertised and would like to know if they were modified by someone or if they could have possibly left the factory in that configuration.
It has long been my understanding that in fact they were all (12Ga) chambered for 2 5/8 roll crimp shells. Can you please clarify this for me.

Thanks in advance Vic

You are correct! I was mistaken. My apologies!

3waycross":1715zny9 said:
From Remington customer service.

Dear Mr.,

Our records indicate that they were chambered for 2 5/8". If the chamber was lengthened, it was done outside the factory. Thank you for visiting Remington Country! We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write in with your question.

Should you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our Consumer Services Department at 800-243-9700, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, EST, Monday through Friday.
Customer By Email
11/19/2013 10:27 PM
Dear Sirs
I am trying to find out if there were ANY model 1894 or Model 1900 SxS shotguns made with 2 ¾ in chambers. I see several advertised and would like to know if they were modified by someone or if they could have possibly left the factory in that configuration.
It has long been my understanding that in fact they were all (12Ga) chambered for 2 5/8 roll crimp shells. Can you please clarify this for me.

Thanks in advance Vic

You are correct! I was mistaken. My apologies!

Nothing to apologize for IMO we were having a good friendly debate.
I will say this you can put my knowledge of most rifle rounds in a thimble.
One of the major problems with re clambering it doesn't always work well shortens the forcing cone making for blown patterns.
Had to have a gun smith that new what he was doing.
Shotguns I can argue.
I would have to go back and do some reading I think the Model 12 20 gauge was originally chambered for "the new" 2 3/4 inch crimped shell. That was the fad that changed the industry to today's standards. I think it was introduced in 1919 again I would have to go back and do some reading.

Latest posts