Another reason to hate fireants

Help Support CattleToday:

Dried molasses sprinkled in an area around mounds will make them move and vacate an area. I use it in my garden. Liquid molasses works too. It doesn't kill them but makes them move away.

halfbean":zthuum0c said:
Dried molasses sprinkled in an area around mounds will make them move and vacate an area. I use it in my garden. Liquid molasses works too. It doesn't kill them but makes them move away.
Why move them when you can kill them?
Takes the same effort to sprinkle molasses as orthene.

ga.prime":32bbw7fe said:
I've used the Extinguish bait and it does work very well. Never tried the Talstar but I asked a Allgood professional pest control guy what they used for fire ants and he said Talstar.
That was 3 years ago. Every year since then I have used insecticides containing bifenthren, the active ingredient in Talstar. Generic brands, 25.1% a.i., sell for $64/gal. Broadcast spray 1 pt/ac and fire ants will be mighty scarce for several months.

jedstivers":2xgljyhj said:
halfbean":2xgljyhj said:
Why move them when you can kill them?
Takes the same effort to sprinkle molasses as orthene.
I've used that for years. Stinks to he// and back but kills too. If you can't find the Orthene then get Surrender. Same stuff, different company.

fire ant mounds. I see them all over yards and pastures, but cross a fence into the national forest, and I rarely if ever see a mound. ???
They don't like shade?

Bifen IT. Mix 5 to 6 oz to a gallon of water in a pump up sprayer. Spray in the top of the mound ( be sure it penetrates into the tunnels) for about 5 seconds more if it's a big one. I have tried baits with some success but this works in a day.

Latest posts