Another new bull we purchased this week

Help Support CattleToday:

BRG

Reaction score
We purchased this bull on Tuesday from Daigger Angus in Nebraska. As a sale manager, I sent him this guys granddam a few years back. She came out of the Milk Creek Red Angus program in MT.(very good cow) His dam has a real nice, tight, and level udder. I have been looking for a Conquest son the last few years, and this guy has been by far the best one I have seen. The old Conquest bull really put alot of body and muscle into his daughters,while their udders are great! Accelerated Genetics and us partnered on him. This guy is a 5.5 frame bull, very wide and deep made, and has super feet. He also has very good muscle on him. I would like to clean up his sheath a little, but other than that, I really like him. Here are his #'s:

BW: -2.2
WW: 39
YW: 70
Milk: 16
TM: 36
Stay: 11
Marb: .20
REA: .12

BW: 76 lbs - 96 ratio
WW: 727 lbs - 109 ratio
YW: 1305 lbs - 103 ratio
IMF: 3.61 - 102 ratio
REA: 14.51 - 110 ratio - 1.11 sq inches/cwt

Anyway take a look.

Any bets on who will be the first doofus who comments that his nuts don't look right???? :lol2:

Seriously Brian I like the bull. Don't know if I like him more than the other one but he sure has some nice epd's and looks like the right kind to me. :tiphat:

Wonder if he would PAP?

Not sure if he would or not. Problem is he will never be near the elevation you need to test him.

It was a cold February day when the photos were taken, and his "boys" were shrunk up :) Not to worry, they are fine and measured a 38 and are shaped right.

He is really similar in type and size as the other bull I posted a week or so ago. It will be fun to get them side by side to compare them.

3waycross":jgz4v1u2 said:
Any bets on who will be the first doofus who comments that his nuts don't look right???? :lol2:

Seriously Brian I like the bull. Don't know if I like him more than the other one but he sure has some nice epd's and looks like the right kind to me. :tiphat:

Wonder if he would PAP?

HEY, his nurts don't look right--there--now that's out of the way. :p

tncattle":3etnfl7j said:
Oh yeah, I'm still green IMO, tell me what PAP is please---thanks!

It's a method of scoring on their proclivity to come down with Brisket Disease(altitude sickness) RA are known for being pretty suseptible to it. There are some bloodlines that score better than others, Becktons being one.

3waycross":3ice4uny said:
tncattle":3ice4uny said:
Oh yeah, I'm still green IMO, tell me what PAP is please---thanks!

It's a method of scoring on their proclivity to come down with Brisket Disease(altitude sickness) RA are known for being pretty suseptible to it. There are some bloodlines that score better than others, Becktons being one.

Thanks!

I like his depth and thickness, but not to upset, he looks really pushed hard on feed, is he going to be working or are you collecting him to mainly AI. That snow sure does look harsh. Just curious

thommoos":5yhggg59 said:
I like his depth and thickness, but not to upset, he looks really pushed hard on feed, is he going to be working or are you collecting him to mainly AI. That snow sure does look harsh. Just curious

He was fed pretty good, but he isn't greasy fat. He will be turned out with a good group of heifers and cows, for both March calving and then again for May/June calving. I will also AI our heifers to him. I am not worried about him being fed to hard. If I was, I wouldn't have purchased him.

They need a 60 day quarantee period before they collect, and we are getting him to use in our program shortly. We will use him for our late Feb/March calving and then again for our main herd which calves in May and June. So they won't get him until September. So anyone wanting to use him this year, will have to wait until fall breeding.