Angus- Watusi/Longhorn cross

Help Support CattleToday:

ohiosteve

Reaction score
Hello, new to the whole computer thing but just wondering if anyone has experience breeding Angus heifers to a Longhorn/Watusi bull?

TennesseeTuxedo":3ubiu7ca said:
Why in the world would you want to do something like that?

Oh, and :welcome: to the boards.

In your opinion, what would be wrong with that?

ohiosteve":20p9i7y2 said:
Hello, new to the whole computer thing but just wondering if anyone has experience breeding Angus heifers to a Longhorn/Watusi bull?

I've had some real nice steers from angus x longhorn cows bred back to an angus bull. They were longer and about 150 lbs heavier than the straight angus. I'm not sure what the watusi would do for you.

TennesseeTuxedo":2fwfnqfs said:
You first. What would be right with it?

lol, I call BS..... :clap: Do you have to post on every thread whether or not you have anything to offer the discussion :roll:

Is running up your post count that important?

ALACOWMAN":1v3fb16z said:
in my opinion it would be like putting mud grips on a corvette,,

I bet that's exactly what Tennesee was going to say, but I'd like to hear his expert opinion ;-)

ALACOWMAN":jzbbqgmx said:
dont take an expert , when a novice can see its a bad idea :cowboy:

Maybe he'll be kind enough to tell us WHY it's a bad idea then :lol2:

I noticed he''s run off though :nod:

I mean wouldn't it be nice if he explained to the OP WHY he thought it was a bad idea?

I guess that's the part I was having trouble digesting myself SirLoin. Watusi x Longhorn to begin with sounds pretty funky.

OhioSteve, can you post a picture of that bull? I'd love to see what his horns look like.

Thanks,

TT

TennesseeTuxedo":238ad1a0 said:
I guess that's the part I was having trouble digesting myself SirLoin. Watusi x Longhorn to begin with sounds pretty funky.

OhioSteve, can you post a picture of that bull? I'd love to see what his horns look like.

Thanks,

TT

WHY does it sound "funky"?

Ok! I think I've made my point.

For me I believe that the longhorn and watusi are inferior breeds to angus and that there is little to be gained by running that crossbreed bull over angus cows. Running an angus bull over longhorn x watusi cows would be an improvement though.....and that's my "unexpert" opinion.

you'd get a better bang of ""what ever"" it is they have to offer, going with the cross bred moma straight bred bull... not really running the cross down,,, it just seems to be tying up any benefits from it

I can't even figure out how to send a reply let alone a picture yet but he is quite impressive at 2 yrs he's got a lot of size and one heck of a spread on him I'd say almost 4 ft with a real nice curve and very large diameter. Hes mostly white with a red back. He gets your attention for sure! Hopefully I'll figure out how to get some pictures of him up along the heifers he"s in with. I'm looking forward to some healthy vigorous calves hopefully with some good width to them but we'll see next spring!

ohiosteve":3d59x5fk said:
I can't even figure out how to send a reply let alone a picture yet but he is quite impressive at 2 yrs he's got a lot of size and one heck of a spread on him I'd say almost 4 ft with a real nice curve and very large diameter. Hes mostly white with a red back. He gets your attention for sure! Hopefully I'll figure out how to get some pictures of him up along the heifers he"s in with. I'm looking forward to some healthy vigorous calves hopefully with some good width to them but we'll see next spring!
im sure he is impressive to look at,, most crossbred are, do to the heterosis.... but dont count on him being able to transfer any of his good traits to his calves

Latest posts