Angus in Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":3na3vo4p said:
Brute 23":3na3vo4p said:
I like Angus bulls. When I put them across our brangus and braford X cows they throw some be nice of a calves. I've had calves born that probably didn't weigh #65 and weaned out as scale stompers. As a whole the bulls have been easy to handle and it carried to the calves.

I sold an Angus bull to a friend a year or two back and still kick myself for it. He was super easy going and threw awesome calves. Most of the 3/16 cows I have are his so I had to bring some new blood in.

I have owned most of the popular breeds at one time.
The current Angus is most likely the first last and only Angus.
Calves are fine he just suffers too much in the summer . I am on the lookout for a Brangus or BM about a year old that tickles my fancy.
Hadn't thought about a Brangus minus ( Ultrablack) till fence mentioned it.

Starting to be a few Homozygous black Beefmaster bulls available.

I certainly have no experience with Angus in Texas, but have used Angus bulls for a few years, and have a few registered cows. I like the bulls from the standpoint of calving ease, and calf hardiness, to me that can go a long way even if they don't grow quite as much. The cows seem to be pretty good mother's and milk well. My main issue may not be as important to others, it is disposition and ease of handling. Used to raise Charolais, and average weights of straight bred calves were high 700's -800's. We did have have some calving issues, and some calves were big and slow to get going. On average our Angus calves will weigh in at high 500's -mid 600's.

Bigfoot":3s3m335p said:
Caustic Burno":3s3m335p said:
Brute 23":3s3m335p said:
I like Angus bulls. When I put them across our brangus and braford X cows they throw some be nice of a calves. I've had calves born that probably didn't weigh #65 and weaned out as scale stompers. As a whole the bulls have been easy to handle and it carried to the calves.

I sold an Angus bull to a friend a year or two back and still kick myself for it. He was super easy going and threw awesome calves. Most of the 3/16 cows I have are his so I had to bring some new blood in.

I have owned most of the popular breeds at one time.
The current Angus is most likely the first last and only Angus.
Calves are fine he just suffers too much in the summer . I am on the lookout for a Brangus or BM about a year old that tickles my fancy.
Hadn't thought about a Brangus minus ( Ultrablack) till fence mentioned it.

Starting to be a few Homozygous black Beefmaster bulls available.

Some of my favorites that I be raised have been out of some beefmaster cows I traded for. Got a few outta them and a brangus and maybe 10 outta Angus bull. I like the cross a lot. A homo black beefmaster bull I find very interesting.

Latest posts