Angus in Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":1yrlmozu said:
I found a good pic of some Angus cattle in Texas if any of the associations would like to use it. :kid:

That is hilarious.
:clap:
Need to stick some pecan trees in the pasture to supplement their income. Only a few years in the last 20 where beef protein brought a better price than pecan protein.

TennesseeTuxedo":4x738nsa said:
Looks like Herefords enjoy water as much as Angus do. Maybe it's the water that makes their steaks vastly superior to other lesser breeds?

How does that smoke taste.
Once it's been blown up your butt do rolaids still work?

Caustic Burno":1ggesrk6 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1ggesrk6 said:
Looks like Herefords enjoy water as much as Angus do. Maybe it's the water that makes their steaks vastly superior to other lesser breeds?

How does that smoke taste.
Once it's been blown up your butt do rolaids still work?

If it weren't for beef jerky there'd be no need for Brahman at all.

TennesseeTuxedo":3cpajvj5 said:
Caustic Burno":3cpajvj5 said:
Angus has to get their beef from Brahman to fill the case.
Most numerous cattle on the planet.
That smoke is in your eyes as well.

Says the guy who doesn't even have one.

Your are correct on full bloods but a pasture full of Braford. To top it off there mine including the Angus bull.

Have to put some Brimmer in those Angus and Hereford to thrive.

Dogs and Cows":4d3zr6jo said:
TennesseeTuxedo":4d3zr6jo said:

I don't want to get into this scuffle...but I have both Herefords and Angus cattle. There is NO doubt that the Herefords do better in the heat. It is like night and day...at least here. The Angus have had a very tough time this summer and spend a lot of time in the water or shade. The Herefords will spend time in the water and shade, but they also spend quite a bit more time in the pasture grazing. Just what is happening here. I'm just small time, but these are my observations. Thanks.

Tim

Tim that is exactly why the next bull bought here will be Brangus.
My current Angus is a great bull for a terminal operation throwing Black crossbred calves that mash the scales.
He suffers horribly here in the summer and spends the majority of his time at the creek or stock tank. Infuse some Brahman in his calves they never check up in this heat. Just sold these a couple weeks ago.

My place on a hot day looks like segregation is still in effect because the blacks are in the pond and the shade beside it and the reds are in the pastures.

Caustic Burno":3eldtjvw said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3eldtjvw said:
All 20? Wow! You're big time.

True but it's 20 more than you.

Wrong again old timer.

I find it rather humourous that your "herd" is made up of a cross bred cow involving Herefords and you cover them with an Angus yet you shill for Brahmans while not having the conviction to actually own one.

To each his own I suppose, carry on.

Latest posts