Angus Cow Weight Questions

Help Support CattleToday:

You folks are great at putting my mind at ease. :)

I wrote him back to ask for any sort of reference that he had any sort of animals that weighed that much, I even asked as nice as possible so I didn't sound like some conniving b#$%^ everybody hates. (I know you don't hate me. ;-) )

But the response back to me tonight was the last straw. No more mister nice girl. :mad: All this jackarse did was post my FIRST POST to this thread! At the bottom of what I had wrote he said pretty much the same BS he did before: "I think I would know how much my own Cattle weigh, especially after weighing them myself and having a Vet weigh them too. After doing that I think it would be safe to say that they are that big." :roll: Any proof? Nope. Any relevant sources, references, that sort of thing? Are you kidding?? :mad:

Here's what I wrote back: "I asked nicely for a link to give me some sort of reference about Angus cow size that even MENTIONS anything about cows being 3000 lbs. But noo, you had to post that worthless piece of "info." THAT wasn't what I was referring to. THAT isn't even close to what I was hoping you'd post. When I say SOURCE I mean journal article, breed association records on weight, Angus ranch websites that give's a person an idea of how big their registered stock are, that sort of thing. You couldn't come up with that, apparently. And I'll tell you something: just because you say that you have these sort of animals doesn't mean that you are going to make me believe you. You say you have all these records. Where? I don't see them. A person like you that would have registered stock would be ADVERTISING his stock anywhere AND everywhere he can INCLUDING the Internet! YOU are a purebred Angus breeder, or so you claim...so prove it! You keep telling me you have the records, you had a vet weight them blah, blah, blah but I'm sorry mister, in this day and age your word isn't enough. There are soo many lyers, hackers, cheaters and even (forgive me saying it) CRIMINALs that come on here and are free to bull$h!# their way through things on this World Wide Web and its amazing at how many fools take their word for the truth. But I am NOT about to be swayed like that. If you have ANY records whatsoever, pictures, sources, whatever, and not crap like that, THEN I will believe you. But so far....I'm sorry, but you haven't convinced me even a little."

So I think we'll end it here. You have a good day."

If he can come up with a viable source, I will be happy. But you know what? I doubt that he even will. I probably pi$$ed him off, but I think he had it coming. What he says to me after this means absolutely nothing, no matter how insulting or derogatory it gets: only the sources he can provide matters now.

You folks just proved to me (and I know you folks enough to tell that you are being frank and honest with me) that he is a BS'er. I too need to see any sort of source or records or whatever that to believe that a 3000 lb Angus cow even exists. So far, I think we are out of luck. Too bad....

Thanks again for reassuring me about this, and a third thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

I figure the guy either doesn't have a clue how much his cows weigh or he's just flat out lying. Either way, I'd let it go if i were you, Karin. Nothing to be gained arguing with someone like that.

Aaron":viwixj94 said:
But, for a calving, productive Angus cow to reach 3000 lbs....your acquaintance is full of BS. :cowboy:

you are really getting the hang of this now. :tiphat:

I sold an Angus cow 2 years ago that weighed 1700 lbs. That was too big for me and her calves weren't any bigger than the others.

We sold what I think was the biggest cow on the place a couple of weeks ago. She weighed 1550. Early in our Angus life, we had a couple of older R&J Spade cows. They were very big framed animals, but cross them with an EXT/Plowman-type bull and we got some nice bulls out of them. If they were fed enough, I don't know but what they'd have weighed over 2,000 lbs. They came from dispersing show operations and didn't hold up too well under our management.

VanC":14w8mu9v said:
I figure the guy either doesn't have a clue how much his cows weigh or he's just flat out lying. Either way, I'd let it go if i were you, Karin. Nothing to be gained arguing with someone like that.

I am, and I agree. It's just going to be arguing for the sake of arguing, really.

Latest posts