Angus Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Rich mentioned Branded's bulls on the Busy, Busy, Busy thread. Give credit where credit is due. He is producing some very nice bulls. This is fun to view:

https://youtu.be/qaxa0O-XKn4

I enjoyed looking at some of his animals EPDs. They gave me a good reference for numbers vs real world. His problem is he thinks his cattle are for everyone, and that there is no way that anyone could be critical of the individual animals. We are nearly done calving, and haven't had to provide any assistance at all for two years. This includes heifers as well. This fact is GREAT for our operation, but I also won't have the biggest calves come selling time. There is definitely a market for the traits of his cattle, and for mine.

I would want those bulls sold very soon with breeding season approaching. Wonder if they are over priced or why they haven't sold.

CSM said:
I would want those bulls sold very soon with breeding season approaching. Wonder if they are over priced or why they haven't sold.

Those are Branded Bulls. They are only 3 months old. They sell them as yearlings.

Branded has a post on Instagram that shows a President bull at 1320 pounds as a yearling. I'm not impressed. Maybe if he'd been 1700-1800 pounds at 12 months, but 1320 ain't bragging rights in my book. He should have gained at least 5-6 pounds a day. He's a long ways from Farmwife whose doing that with her smallest bulls.

Tegridy Farms said:
Branded has a post on Instagram that shows a President bull at 1320 pounds as a yearling. I'm not impressed. Maybe if he'd been 1700-1800 pounds at 12 months, but 1320 ain't bragging rights in my book. He should have gained at least 5-6 pounds a day. He's a long ways from Farmwife whose doing that with her smallest bulls.

Someone needs to learn to use a calendar. Those weights are richer than three feet up one of those yearlings butts.

Caustic Burno said:
Tegridy Farms said:

Someone needs to learn to use a calendar. Those weights are richer than three feet up one of those yearlings butts.

I think ole President, the real one that is, weighed 1690 as yearling, according to SAV.

Branded must have had his on grass only at 1320, hehe! Maybe he should learn how to feed em like the big boys and they might start weaning past 1000, and past 1600 as a yearling. Still not impressed with 1320!

Tegridy Farms said:

First off :welcome: to Cattle Today Tegridy Farms.

Tell us a little about yourself and your operation out in the beautiful state of Colorado.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Tegridy Farms said:

Tell us a little about yourself and your operation out in the beautiful state of Colorado.

Semi-retired.

Sold out everything in a dispersal, now I'm just an armchair quarterback.

Caustic Burno said:
Tegridy Farms said:

I know some of us have seen Branded cattle - bball, TT, Bovine Breeder, myself. His cattle are BIG. They are big framed, big boned, deep, heavy muscled and yes, carry a lot of condition. Those weights are what I would expect. Fire Sweep and I have much smaller cattle than James, but we both produce bulls that average over 1100 pounds as yearlings. I just had BSEs performed on two yearling bulls, one was 1190 and the other was 1160. They were weighed by the vet at his clinic.

What was your weights for yearling bulls when you were running seedstock?

Caustic Burno said:
Figures don't lie liars figure.

Can you at least provide what yearling seedstock bulls weigh? You must have some concept of that or you would not be implying that Branded is a liar.

Bright Raven said:
Caustic Burno said:

Can you at least provide what yearling seedstock bulls weigh? You must have some concept of that or you would not be implying that Branded is a liar.

If you think 12 month old bulls weigh 1800 lbs your as full of it as the poster.

Caustic Burno said:
Bright Raven said:
Caustic Burno said:

If you think 12 month old bulls weigh 1800 lbs your as full of it as the poster.

Hold on CB. James said his 12 month old bull was 1320. It was the sock puppet "Tegridy Farms" that fabricated that 1800 pound weight. Please, go back and read.

Bright Raven said:
Caustic Burno said:
Bright Raven said:

Hold on CB. James said his 12 month old bull was 1320. It was the sock puppet "Tegridy Farms" that fabricated that 1800 pound weight. Please, go back and read.

That was the way I read it as well.

Tegridy Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Tegridy Farms said:

Semi-retired.

Sold out everything in a dispersal, now I'm just an armchair quarterback.

What breed did you raise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts