Angus Bull Updates?

Help Support CattleToday:

Integrity is at your place. I would never want the AAA to have any say in how I breed my cattle, or what I like.
I see the bull of the month mentioned all the time. Could someone tell me the bull for June? Even better the bull for Dec?
Now for the topic. My highest ratioing heifer is, In Focus 4925, followed by Rainmaker 11127, 9969, 24J, then Platnium. I like the Rainmakers best right now for eye appeal.
Bulls Ten X, Platnium, 9969, then 24J. I like the 9969 the best.
I'll have Double XXL, Index, Infinity, Boss and Lightning coming in Sept
My coming 2yr olds XXP, 338, and Timeless.Will find out about these soon.

Innovation at GeneX
Recharge and Comrade at Select.

All 3 have sired good calves that I have seen and were docile.

Innovation Heifer. Leads better than most peoples dogs. The pic tied was about the 5th/6th time ever haltered.

I see the bull of the month mentioned all the time. Could someone tell me the bull for June? Even better the bull for Dec?
Don't look back. Be ready for Mr. July to show up with great anticipation! :lol:

On XXP, is the DOC EPD holding true? Thanks.

Yes Docility on XXP is real around here, they are some laid back cattle. Definetly some of my favorites, I will try and make a few more next year.

We have two XXP bred heifers that are as quiet as you could ask for. Their mamma is another story! So the quiet nature is for sure coming from the sire out of this mating not the dam. I would love to use more of the XXP but with semen priced at 100.00 per straw I could only use it on a flush.

gizmom

gizmom":2vyxfsu1 said:
We have two XXP bred heifers that are as quiet as you could ask for. Their mamma is another story! So the quiet nature is for sure coming from the sire out of this mating not the dam. I would love to use more of the XXP but with semen priced at 100.00 per straw I could only use it on a flush.

gizmom

Would be the reason I haven't used it, hard to justify $100 as a commercial guy.

Luckiamute,
I am at a disadvantage of not being able to see a lot of progeny of registered Angus.
Photos can be misleading and you never know how many animals are viewed for progeny evaluation.
As I posted there are a whole lot of people using Baldridge Waylon.
I know Protege has a record for efficiency at ABS. I will take another look at Fortitude.
Thanks for your feedback.

Ebenezer,
Scurs have been present in the Angus breed from its very beginning - Shah and Hanton 80, two very early Angus sires, were scurred. That's not to say that the scur gene may not have also been introduced into the breed in other manners...

I had a 3/4 AN cow, sired by a GAR sire, a son of 1680, that was carried by SelectSires for years... that had scurs. Being a female, she had to have inherited the scur gene from both parents - both the Angus sire and her ANXSimAngus dam(who could very well have carried scur &/or horn genes, but is, herself, smooth polled)

I'd strongly considered using Baldridge Waylon, but was warned off of him by a now-deceased trusted friend and Angus breeder, because of possible foot issues - which seem to be a problem for many Protege offspring (though Shrek was touted as a 'good-footed' Protege son).

Latest posts