And folks consider farming hazardous

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
From Dairy Herd Managment

Manure exposure has its benefits
Dairy farmers are less likely than the general population to develop lung cancer, and scientists think they know the reason why. Working with manure and being exposed to germs may actually help people build up resistance to the disease, according to an article in the Jan. 12 edition of New Scientist magazine. "If you breathe in lots of aerosolized manure, you are far less likely to develop lung cancer," the article said.

dun":ow7di91o said:
From Dairy Herd Managment

Manure exposure has its benefits
Dairy farmers are less likely than the general population to develop lung cancer, and scientists think they know the reason why. Working with manure and being exposed to germs may actually help people build up resistance to the disease, according to an article in the Jan. 12 edition of New Scientist magazine. "If you breathe in lots of aerosolized manure, you are far less likely to develop lung cancer," the article said.

Sounds like a lot of BS to me. Research, ha! They can come up with the darndest things.

Green Creek":17j18mvv said:
Sounds like a lot of BS to me. Research, ha! They can come up with the darndest things.

Sounds like our tax dollars at work. Maybe I can get a grant to study the affects of ....... Gee, I can;t think of anythng anymore bizarre then the cow flop and cancer deal

Shows how the scientists minds work. Me, I would first think that it might have something to do with the dairy farmers getting more fresh air than an inside worker and not expsosed to the VOC's that a construction worker is.

Latest posts