An article for inbred re: ethanol

Help Support CattleToday:

inbredredneck":32o4c90v said:
Ouachita":32o4c90v said:
hooknline":32o4c90v said:
They must be doing something wrong too. People up in Mn must all be geniuses because they aren't having any problems

There might be a reasonable explaination for why they don't have as many problems with it. Cooler and dryer climates. You're down there where the humidity is always high. When you pump 58 degree fuel out of a ground tank, into your tank, when the outside air temp is 90, and the humidity is 90%...........
Same thing happens up north, and out west, just not nearly as fast.
That would makes sense if orlando had a higher RH than MN but it doesn't.

I know you are a smart person, therefore I know I don't need to go into an in depth conversation about the definition of the word "relative", as it pertains to humidity. Temperature makes a big difference in how much water the air can hold. Right?
On the FAA statement I made; the FAA will not approve any aviation fuel to have ethanol. As I recall (my recall is not always reliable), they banned the use of ethanol in aviation fuel back in the 60's. There are 2 auto gas STC holders, and both prohibit the use of ethanol and methanol. In the states where non-ethanol fuel is unavailable, aircraft that have an auto gas STC cannot legally introduce the ethanol laced fuel into the fuel system. Their STC is useless and they have to buy Avgas.
I'll see what info I can find for you, but I, like yourself will have to do a google search to find a link for you because we don't have that problem here in AR, so I don't have to deal with it often (auto gas is still readily available without ethanol).

inbredredneck":am3iqoib said:
Ouachita":am3iqoib said:
hooknline":am3iqoib said:
They must be doing something wrong too. People up in Mn must all be geniuses because they aren't having any problems

There might be a reasonable explaination for why they don't have as many problems with it. Cooler and dryer climates. You're down there where the humidity is always high. When you pump 58 degree fuel out of a ground tank, into your tank, when the outside air temp is 90, and the humidity is 90%...........
Same thing happens up north, and out west, just not nearly as fast.
That would makes sense if orlando had a higher RH than MN but it doesn't.

How many days a year does the dew set where you are from? I can guarantee that its not as many as in the south.

Latest posts