american simmi bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king":2adsthwd said:
At least simmys arn't fence jumpers like those lims are... :lol2: :lol2: :dunce:

Sorry just playin around ;-)

Pretty easy to jump when you aint got any guts..... :compute:

Alright alright... enough! Back to American Simmys :help:

SSGenetics":1egbk55f said:
sim.-ang.king":1egbk55f said:
At least simmys arn't fence jumpers like those lims are... :lol2: :lol2: :dunce:

Sorry just playin around ;-)

Pretty easy to jump when you aint got any guts..... :compute:

Alright alright... enough! Back to American Simmys :help:
Red Bull is going to love us! :lol2:

I got limousin cows running around here that the simmental cow ain't never been bred that has more guts. They even stay behind a single hot wire. How about that Queenie. :D :bday:

Red Bull Breeder":1sp04ydi said:
I got limousin cows running around here that the simmental cow ain't never been bred that has more guts. They even stay behind a single hot wire. How about that Queenie. :D :bday:
:lol2: :lol2: :clap:

Red Bull Breeder":31t3wc02 said:

You do have nice cattle RBB! :tiphat:

I'm planning on buying some stud Simmental heifers this July. What bull would you recommend a good Simmental bull, that would fit well if Australian simmentals??

SSGenetics":1hvnszm5 said:
Gators Rule":1hvnszm5 said:
The meanest bull I have ever worked around was a Gert, and my cousin's 3 yr old SG bull just croaked for no apparent reason. Should I say Gerts have attitude issues....and longevity is a major issue? Naw, I'm smart enough to know those were just individual probs with two individual bulls.....the same with your Simmi issues. My experience with Simmi's have proven to be the opposite of your problems. I assume your experience with Gerts were opposite of my very limited experience with them.

Now back to the American Simmi bull thread. :)

:oops: Now I said my experience was probably an isolated one and even praised Jeanne's cattle. I know, all Char bulls are cow killers, all Herefords have bad udders and prolapse issues, all Gerts are crazy, and so on.... Believe me I know what it is like to deal with an old stigma of a breed.

Really sorry for the thread drift, I'm still learning the ropes of the forum.... No disrespect intended.

None taken... Sadly, all breeds have a horror story or two in their closet. :cboy:

The "numbers are changing" in July 2012, so the current numbers are a bit off. I'd stay away from the CNS Dream On Sons due to low WW and YW EPD's-- in fact I would stay away from all Legacy 151 bloodlines period. As far as EPD's currently (today) for CE and BW -- I'd go with a 10+ CE and a negative BW for Angus /Herf cross cows --- then you will be fine.

I assume you are looking for a terminal cross-- if so --- then those weak @ss CNS Dream on sons will prolly suffice.

JS

angusdave63":1l9ka5ks said:
i am wondering about these american simmi cattle. i have had mostly angus and herfy cattle for the last 25 or 30 years, and i am thinking about buying a simmi bull to run with my angus and herfy cows. we had the flecks several years ago but i have not kept up with the breed since. what kind of c.e numbers and bw numbers would you consider safe for heifers, and for a simmi that would milk similar to an angus what numbers would you be looking for there thanks Dave

Red Bull Breeder":2iadf03v said:
When will I learn to raise good cattle. :D

sim.-ang.king":19lssmig said:
Red Bull Breeder":19lssmig said:

Hmmmmm....when you learn that the correct way to raise cattle is to follow JS's numbers game. Poor Dream On sons...LoL

JustSimmental":31w10opo said:
The "numbers are changing" in July 2012, so the current numbers are a bit off. I'd stay away from the CNS Dream On Sons due to low WW and YW EPD's-- in fact I would stay away from all Legacy 151 bloodlines period. As far as EPD's currently (today) for CE and BW -- I'd go with a 10+ CE and a negative BW for Angus /Herf cross cows --- then you will be fine.

I assume you are looking for a terminal cross-- if so --- then those weak @ss CNS Dream on sons will prolly suffice.

JS

angusdave63":31w10opo said:
i am wondering about these american simmi cattle. i have had mostly angus and herfy cattle for the last 25 or 30 years, and i am thinking about buying a simmi bull to run with my angus and herfy cows. we had the flecks several years ago but i have not kept up with the breed since. what kind of c.e numbers and bw numbers would you consider safe for heifers, and for a simmi that would milk similar to an angus what numbers would you be looking for there thanks Dave
For a terminal cross, why would you suggest bulls that have low ww and yw EPD's?

For NON Meyer 734
Cut Above (Fat Butt)
ASA #: 2341498
FLYING B CUT ABOVE

Polled - reported by member.
Left Ear
Single Birth Bull PB SM PCB Parentage Validation SNP & Micro-satellite Karyo Codes TraitTrac:
Owner: 254770 - MORRIS CATTLE, WILLIE Birth Date: 2006-01-11
Breeder: 142007 - FLYING B FARMS Original Issue: 2006-09-25

Spring 2012 EPDs
CE Brth Wean Year MCE Milk MWW Stay Doc CW YG Marb BF REA Shr API TI
EPD 5.1 1.4 25.5 43.4 5.1 1.4 14.2 17.8 11.8 -9.7 0.01 0.17 0.01 -0.09 -0.26 98.2 56.6
ACC 0.60 0.69 0.57 0.50 0.30 0.27 0.28 0.12 0.31 0.42 0.14 0.09 0.09 0.09 0.03
http://www.steppingstonegenetics.com/pd-fb-cut-above-fat-butt.cfm

For Meyer 734
Climax
ASA #: 2424717
MEYERS CLIMAX 50R
Black
Horned Black - reported by member.
Left Ear
Single Birth Bull PB SM PCS Parentage Validation Micro-satellite Karyo Codes TraitTrac:
Owner: 173960 - PAULSEN CATTLE COMPANY Birth Date: 2005-02-13
Breeder: 173960 - PAULSEN CATTLE COMPANY Original Issue: 2008-04-02

Spring 2012 EPDs
CE Brth Wean Year MCE Milk MWW Stay Doc CW YG Marb BF REA Shr API TI
EPD -6.8 2.2 18.8 34.7 -0.9 1.7 11.1 16.9 4.9 -13.4 -0.07 0.43 0.00 0.02 0.02 91.9 55.5
ACC 0.46 0.49 0.38 0.36 0.32 0.30 0.31 0.16 0.14 0.31 0.22 0.24 0.26 0.22 0.03
http://www.steppingstonegenetics.com/pd-climax.cfm

Gators Rule":1zza1oxe said:
sim.-ang.king":1zza1oxe said:
Red Bull Breeder":1zza1oxe said:

Hmmmmm....when you learn that the correct way to raise cattle is to follow JS's numbers game. Poor Dream On sons...LoL
I was never very good at math. :? :dunce:

Latest posts