Amber for weed control....

Help Support CattleToday:

eric":2095p4rc said:
What's the going rate for something like this? I can buy chemicals, rent sprayer and do it myself for about $110. If I bought the chemicals, would $100 be fair to the guy spraying? If it takes him 3 hrs. thats about $30 an hr. I know some of these guys have full time workers, so they might be willing to send one of them over.

Eric, it sounds to me like $100 would be a fair deal for everybody concerned. That is assuming that you feel sure that you can trust them to do a good job. Long after they are gone, you will be the one liable for any drift management problems. You know, if you want a job done right......

If you just shredded it a week ago today, I wouldn't be in too big of a hurry anyway. You want to give your weeds a chance to resume active growth and also have plenty of leaf surface.

We only use amber in early to mid spring. We mix it with 24d ester. All we found it did was make chemical stay around longer and added a longer efectiveness, but it also adds cost per section. Now on about 80% of land we spray mid May to mid June and just use 24d ester. It is much more cost effective. We do still add amber to remedy for killing cereza lezpadeza (which works great in early may). Overall we found that amber is a good chemical for some applications but not all.

Latest posts