Alpacas - Good-Bad

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":1il5t5zz said:
I roped an alpaca for a guy one time. It was the only one I was ever very close. Kind of an intresting animal to look at. It didn't do any spitting. The same guy had some emus, that he went ahead and just shot, because he couldn't catch them.

Just out of curiosity, what did he shoot the Emu with and was it hard to kill? Shot one with a 9 mm and it didn't want to die and bowed up at me.

There's a flock/herd of emu running around the National Forest here. They used t come prancing down my long sand driveway till the dogs got wind of them. People turned them loose during the 2011 drought when they couldn't afford to keep them fed--car hit one on the highway last year going about 60 mph---wasn't a pretty sight when I drove up on the wreck right after it happened and it tore the front of that little car up pretty good. The girl driving didn't know what it was--saw the feathers and asked loudly--"What the benice IS that--what did I just hit???"
I started to tell her is was just a big mutated wood duck..

skyhightree1":2kdglkl2 said:
greybeard":2kdglkl2 said:

:lol2:

+1 :lol2: :lol2:

Sky, couldn't you convince her to go with goats or maybe those hair sheep if it's the fiber she's looking for.
I'm thinking something that spits at you might not end well after you've had a long day of difficult customers. :lol2:

CottageFarm":2nwwyioh said:
skyhightree1":2nwwyioh said:
greybeard":2nwwyioh said:

:lol2:

+1 :lol2: :lol2:

Sky, couldn't you convince her to go with goats or maybe those hair sheep if it's the fiber she's looking for.
I'm thinking something that spits at you might not end well after you've had a long day of difficult customers. :lol2:

Oh no she doesn't want for fiber shes always liked how they looked. I was asking about will they pay for themselves but its just a pet for her. I just dont want something that you have to put a ton of money in and they can't pay for themselves. Know what I mean? LOL if we get some and one spits on me best believe im gonna tell it smile and wait for the flash that comes out of my Bersa .380 that I carry everywhere :lol2: Then to follow after telling the story in coffee shop will be a post in what are you eating today? I will post a pic of bbq alpaca surrounded by veggies out my Garden 2014 that I cooked on my new grill lol

Latest posts