Alpacas - Good-Bad

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Does anyone on here raise them or have had them ? My mom said she would like to get a couple Alpacas and have them and cut their hair as well. She just wanted to get a few but I am not really a fan of them are they difficult to raise? Can they carry their own weight and pay for themselves? The alpacas will be more of a pet for her than financial gain so not really a business stand point I just want to know if they mesh well with cattle in pastures too.

skyhightree1":3u0b2rnm said:
Does anyone on here raise them or have had them ? My mom said she would like to get a couple Alpacas and have them and cut their hair as well. She just wanted to get a few but I am not really a fan of them are they difficult to raise? Can they carry their own weight and pay for themselves? The alpacas will be more of a pet for her than financial gain so not really a business stand point I just want to know if they mesh well with cattle in pastures too.
You can make a lot of money on them but much more on emus and ostrich's. I have some....you wanna buy them?? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

TexasBred":vo18vpzg said:
skyhightree1":vo18vpzg said:
You can make a lot of money on them but much more on emus and ostrich's. I have some....you wanna buy them?? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

lol depends on how much I can stand to make and the work involved :lol2:

I don't know if alpaca's are as bad as a bad as llama, but a bad male llama isn't something that would stay around very long at our house- except maybe mounted on the wall

I think it is called berserk male syndrome, look it up. Or better yet, I'd recommend you take anyone wanting one out to experience it- safely behind a fence of course. Getting spit at by a smart ass llama is a great cure for those with the desire to get one.

When the pin their ears back, get your Mohamed Ali moves ready.

I hate them. One of our neighbors bought some at a auction and this guy would stand at the fence and work up a loogie. This picture is zoomed in as far as my phone would go, i wasnt getting in spitting distance from this guy, no way no how...This guy was mean, really mean.

They will pay for themselves just like a Ferrari will lower your car insurance, and at least a Ferrari is fun to be around. Dont think I would let one stay overnight on my place if he shhyt $100 bills. RUN, RUN FAST!!

greybeard":391f2sg2 said:
peacocks?

Kiss peace and quiet goodbye.

My neighbor had some they weren't too bad but another guy has a donkey that thing is the biggest noise maker around.

Sky, it's an opportunity of a lifetime. Don't pass it up. I'm still beating myself up for not accepting a breeding pair of them as payment-in-full for a 40k job I did for a customer. That was 10 years ago and to this day I still get very depressed thinking of my lost fortune. My advice; get the alpacas and the peahens. Best of both worlds. All you need beyond to be complete, is a pet coon.

My next door neighbor raised alpacas and when they moved away I bought their house took down all their fences because I didn't want to ever see anyone making that much money so close to me again.

There is only one thing worst than a alpaca, its a alpaca owner...lol..i called this guy a llama and was read the riot act..
Why oh why is there such a creature...????

Latest posts