Almost time...

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":23iqf2pm said:
jltrent":23iqf2pm said:
Your going to need a big smoke house. I hope you don't wait to late and get your meat frozen. From my experience if it gets to cold the meat want take salt and will rot in a smoke house.

My smoke house is only 4x4x6 I hope it handles it well. Yea your right about the salt aspect I will go ahead before that happens though.
Might want to wait until after this weekend from the looks of the weather.

JW IN VA":1mhvsqsp said:
skyhightree1":1mhvsqsp said:
jltrent":1mhvsqsp said:
Your going to need a big smoke house. I hope you don't wait to late and get your meat frozen. From my experience if it gets to cold the meat want take salt and will rot in a smoke house.

My smoke house is only 4x4x6 I hope it handles it well. Yea your right about the salt aspect I will go ahead before that happens though.
Might want to wait until after this weekend from the looks of the weather.

You got that exactly right... I hope to start next week. I built a new scraper :lol: I cant wait to see how it works... really I can

JW IN VA":1ewoydr0 said:
Davemk":1ewoydr0 said:
Wish I could come and help. I have never butchered a hog before.
Don't know what you missed.You should try it.

Yes he's right great times and fun with family and friends... I have cleaned by myself which isn't much fun but enjoy seeing the finished product.

ALACOWMAN":prxdw6k1 said:
They look ready go..Physically that is...

Yea they are and im ready to be salting those hams down

farmboy80":prxdw6k1 said:
Just took four 300 pounders to butcher plant yesterday! Bring on the bacon!!!!

friend gave me a plaque saying bacon makes everything better and 2 bacon Christmas tree ornaments that's how much I love bacon

skyhightree1":1k20xu3y said:
ALACOWMAN":1k20xu3y said:

farmboy80":1k20xu3y said:

friend gave me a plaque saying bacon makes everything better and 2 bacon Christmas tree ornaments that's how much I love bacon

They say money can't buy happiness but it can buy bacon which is pretty much the same thing.

Dave":2236xmp8 said:
skyhightree1":2236xmp8 said:
ALACOWMAN":2236xmp8 said:

farmboy80":2236xmp8 said:

They say money can't buy happiness but it can buy bacon which is pretty much the same thing.

How do you like your bacon? I like thick sliced and not fried extremely hard.

Dave":f8n0b8ze said:
skyhightree1":f8n0b8ze said:
ALACOWMAN":f8n0b8ze said:

farmboy80":f8n0b8ze said:

:cowboy:

How do you like your bacon? I like thick sliced and not fried extremely hard.[/quote]

I like mine soft but still have a little crunch.
Or anyway I can get it!
Anyone ever try hillbilly bacon? Its bacon made from the shoulder. Its amazing! Like bacon and ham combined into one! How can you get much better than that.

farmboy80":2xijjphv said:
How do you like your bacon? I like thick sliced and not fried extremely hard.

I like mine soft but still have a little crunch.
Or anyway I can get it!
Anyone ever try hillbilly bacon? Its bacon made from the shoulder. Its amazing! Like bacon and ham combined into one! How can you get much better than that.[/quote]

I like mine soft or lil hard but prefer it soft fatty and salty... I bought the worst bacon ever in the store it had no flavor or salt it seemed.

Jogeephus":2xijjphv said:
We call it butt bacon and you are right, its good stuff.
ga.prime":2xijjphv said:
Hog jowl bacon is pretty great too.

Never tried either but I am going to try.

Latest posts