Alice ! Are you still there?

Help Support CattleToday:

Well I just finished talking to them, and they had called the neighbors and everything is ok, so that's good. Hope everyone else is all right.

Travis Bryan

We only saw one steer that had a minor injury...cut on his left front quarter...going catch him this morning and take a closer look. Obviously they were quite spooked over the ordeal and hard to get very close too. Alice and I wondered if they might have been under the shed when the tornado hit it :( When I got the heifers/steers back in the pasture, they ran to the opposite corner and just stood. Bulls were under their shed when the tornado took the back out of it and they did the same thing....went to the opposite corner, butts against the fence, shoulder to shoulder, just looking... :shock: :shock: :shock:

We are up waiting on the sun so we can go start cleaning up.

Thanks to all for the concern...!

Van

Also glad to see you are unharmed Alice. Thank goodness! Sorry to see the place in disarray. Been there...not fun. :(

life in tornado alley - never dull

glad to hear that you are ok and I hope that you found no more damage when the sun did come back up

we had a bunch of wind and tons of rain but no damage, surprisingly didn't even lose a branch

praying for all who were hit by mother nature

Good grief,Alice!! Glad all are ok. The rest is just stuff,kinda tough to replace,but family CAN'T be replaced..

Good grief Alice! I'm sorry to see the mess that storm left for you! But obviously the important thing is that you and your family are safe.

I live just a few miles from Groesbeck, where one of the tornados hit. What a mess for about 7 miles down Highway 164!

Very strange weather situation for December, that's for sure!

Those drop in storm cellars are getting really popular. Last year I dug three different holes on property near Glen Rose and two around Granbury.

peg4x4":2idrqaip said:
Good grief,Alice!! Glad all are ok. The rest is just stuff,kinda tough to replace,but family CAN'T be replaced..

Thanks, Peg...we've been cleaning up, the whole time thanking God it wasn't worse.

Alice

TheBullLady":2psl94xc said:
Good grief Alice! I'm sorry to see the mess that storm left for you! But obviously the important thing is that you and your family are safe.

I live just a few miles from Groesbeck, where one of the tornados hit. What a mess for about 7 miles down Highway 164!

Very strange weather situation for December, that's for sure!

I heard someone was killed in that tornado in Groesbeck. That's is so heartbreaking...and hits really close when I think about what could've been.

Alice

Australian Cattleman":3puvdc4a said:
Hows the tornados going in the US now? We are so so lucky in our country we don't have them with the ferocity that you people in tornado alley experience. We have occasional wild storms but they are isolated and only usually affect small areas.
Stay Safe.
Colin

Colin,

This was such a strange tornado. No one saw a funnel. The woman that saw the barn explode said that this huge, huge round looking cloud swooped down and hovered over the barn, then the barn exploded. That's when she dove in her closet. It moved across her property, turned her horse trailer around, and continued to move on across the highway and went over a trailer park overturning a trailer, then across another farm taking the roof off another barn. Again, no one saw a funnel.

I looked it up on the internet and discovered that not all tornados have funnels...something I didn't know. But after I talked to the woman who saw the barn explode, I remember walking outside after we got hit and seeing a huge, round cloud lift up into the sky, only it was headed in the opposite direction. Gave me chills when I remembered that.

Alice

We have more weather comeing---supposed to be just hard rain--But this is Texas,everyone brace yourselves,and listen to radio & tv!! All stay safe...

Jeepers Alice, I was missing you on the other boards and just happened on this. Thank Goodness you and Van and your family are OK! ( And the animals ).

I was in Orlando Florida for the one that killed like 40 in the late 90's, I remember Clinton circling above our hotel in a helo. I'll never forget the noise and the destruction of that night.

Once again just another blessing that you folks are unharmed to start off the new year. God Bless.

AngusLimoX":25aeo8bh said:
Jeepers Alice, I was missing you on the other boards and just happened on this. Thank Goodness you and Van and your family are OK! ( And the animals ).

I was in Orlando Florida for the one that killed like 40 in the late 90's, I remember Clinton circling above our hotel in a helo. I'll never forget the noise and the destruction of that night.

Once again just another blessing that you folks are unharmed to start off the new year. God Bless.

Thanks, AngusLimoX...

I told someone today that I've always been one of those "it happens to someone else" kind of people. I just threw that little saying out the window. Those few minutes left a lasting impression on me...and when I saw the full extent of the destruction...then talked to the woman that saw the barn literally explode...man, oh man.

Same here, I'll never forget the capability of that tornado's destruction. :shock: I'll also thank the good Lord everyday that it wasn't worse...

Alice

peg4x4":3emlje65 said:
We have more weather comeing---supposed to be just hard rain--But this is Texas,everyone brace yourselves,and listen to radio & tv!! All stay safe...

Thanks, Peg...this time I'm gonna have the radio on in the car, the TV on, and hope that someone emails me again (backhoeboggie, thanks again).

Alice

You have insurance on the barn? Sorry to hear about it. We supposedly had some bad weather around here with that same front, but we only had rain. Hail in Cleburne, and I hear that Rio Vista got it hard. We had the tornade sirens go off twice but it never got dark like it always has in a bad storm. No green looking skies, either. You know what I mean? That yellowy-green look the air gets when it gets real bad? I kinda got freaked out cause I was in town when the sirens went off and my 12 year old was home alone and he really loses it when there is bad weather, so I beat it home. Sorry to hear about your barn.

Supposed to/may have ice Sunday/Monday..that is not good here!!! :shock: None of these idjets here can drive on dry pavement, :mad: never mind wet OR icey...Hope I'm home before it starts--will mabe take off a bit early,even.... :)

haven't been on this board for a while so only just read this. Sorry to hear what has happened, but glad you and Van are safe, and not to much damage done. Take care and hope it has all died down now. We are having high winds but nothing on that scale thank the Lord. God Bless....Chris

Latest posts