Alice ! Are you still there?

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Just heard from Friends in Dublin who were hit. Everyone is okay but the house is toast. Hearing on the news it is going through Stephenville. Are ya'll okay?

Hi,

I just walked in the door from visiting my aunt at the nursing home. It is 1:36. All is well here...altho Van is at the sale out on the Dublin Highway.

Thanks for asking,

Alice

Alice":15lwsxxi said:
All is well here...altho Van is at the sale out on the Dublin Highway.

Thanks for asking,

Alice

The last time I was at that sale, they quit running the cows through after 6 and a half hours. The broke for supper and were going to start auctioning calves and expected to go until daylight.

That is a large span building he is in. Hope he is okay.

Just saw the tornado notice. Hope you guys are okay. We're just starting to hear some thunder here. I guess we're kind of in the southern extreme of the area.Z

Good to hear you are well Alice. You know I love you Texas people. Speaking of Dublin, did you ever know any of the Wilhites from Dublin? Boone

ok, 5 minutes after I sent that everything was fine, it hit...

Like I said, I'd just come in from the nursing home from visiting my aunt and the TV wasn't on. I didn't have the car radio on. I had no idea we were under any kind of warning. All of a sudden, there it was...and I headed for the bathroom.

This is what is left of a 100/40 pole barn

Picture_005.jpg

This is what was blown off the pole barn. The people that live down the road said they saw the tornado come over, hit the pole barn, and the pole barn exploded. They have pieces of tin and wood from the barn all over their property.

Picture_008.jpg

Again, what is left of the pole barn

Picture_023.jpg

And this is why I'm writing from a motel room tonight. That's a piece of tin across the power lines...one of several.

Picture_019.jpg

I am so thankful that this is the worst of what happened. Apparently the tornado came right between our house and my brother's house which is about a quarter of a mile away.

Thanks for everyone's concern.

Alice

Thanks, wewild. Van is fine...just feeling kind of bad he wasn't at home when it hit. I called him when it was over, and before I'd seen ALL of the damage, so I downplayed it. When I saw ALL of the damage, I called him back and left a message. He was home fast...

Alice

Alice I am so sorry. Doggone it!

Glad you and Van are okay.

I haven't heard from a lot of the Stephenville folks yet. Was it bad all over?

BHB, I don't know how bad it was everywhere else around here. The county rescue squad/fire dept. came to check us out and told me that there was damage other places. Right now, I don't know where.

I want to say thank you for initially starting that thread and writing...I wouldn't have had any idea what was going on. You alerted me and made me realize what was going down. Funny how things can happen in a matter of minutes, yet how much reaction to it goes within those minutes.

When I read what you wrote, then sent back that we were ok, the electricity surged then blinked back on. I grabbed the remote for the TV, but buy then the electricity went off. I looked out the front windows and saw tin flying in a circular motion and realized it was time to head for cover. I didn't have time to get to the stone dairy barn, so I headed for the inner room, the bathroom. And, by the time I got there, it was over. I stayed stunned for awhile...it was surreal.

Alice

HAY MAKER":55yrgad0 said:
Alice ,I hope you are safe.............good luck

Thanks...it was just so freakin' weird!

Alice

boone":1jx0lbtn said:
Good to hear you are well Alice. You know I love you Texas people. Speaking of Dublin, did you ever know any of the Wilhites from Dublin? Boone

Thanks, Boone.

Right now I don't think I remember Wilhites...and, if they weren't dairy people, I probably don't. Now, there were the Whitis folks that I remember.

Alice

MillIronQH":39p0duud said:
Just saw the tornado notice. Hope you guys are okay. We're just starting to hear some thunder here. I guess we're kind of in the southern extreme of the area.Z

Thank goodness, yes, we are all fine. I was the only one on the farm at the time...and I got lucky!

Alice

Alice, which direction from Stephenville do you live? I have some relatives that live a few miles south of Stephenville and I was wondering if it was bad around there. They are visiting some other relatives so they aren't there, and I have no way of knowing if their place is ok.

Travis Bryan

Travis B.":3nlnlinn said:
Alice, which direction from Stephenville do you live? I have some relatives that live a few miles south of Stephenville and I was wondering if it was bad around there. They are visiting some other relatives so they aren't there, and I have no way of knowing if their place is ok.

Travis Bryan

We live east of Stephenville. I wish I had some news for you. I hope everything is ok...

Alice

I'm glad you were in the house and not out on the road. Sounds like you came home with just a little time to spare. You said you are in a motel. Is your house ok?