Ali

Help Support CattleToday:

kaneranch

Reaction score
I AI'ed my show heifer from last year to a bull called ali. Has any one had any luck with him. He looked like he was going to be pretty good. If amy one has anything about him I would like to know. Thanks Kaneranch

I have a Godfather heifer that had an Ali Bull Calf the first of June(1st calf heifer). He was small when he was born (75lbs) looked like an ok calf, but he is looking better and better every day. Weighed him Monday and he weighed 284 pounds. He is becoming one of the better calves. :D

I know the man who owns part interest in him, Harlan Yokum. Hes the assistant judging coach at OSU. He talks about him quite often. Hes a really nice bull. Good Luck.
d6cattleman

Well that make me feel good about my decision. She was a who made who/heat seeker heifer. I hope it stuck. I turned her out with a registered angus bull for clean up. Hope I don't need it. Thanks kaneranch

We had a couple Ali calves this spring. I like them, they did not come out of any super heifers, they came small, they came easy and they are growing good.

I have heard it said a bunch of times that his calves just get better and better as they start growing. If you have a heifer that fits him you could have a great calf, but even if you don't you will probably get a good calf.

No of one guy that picked a bull calf out to buy him in pasture when he was just a few months old. Was going to buy him for $5,000.00 as a steer by the time he got weaned and when they went to cut him the owner of the soon to be steer, backed out of the deal and would not take $10,000 for him. Kept him as a Bull and put in with his show string. Never heard how he did but I know they took him to most all the big majors. Just a story to show how one calf of his changed in just a few months.

Latest posts