Ali Calves (pics added*)

Help Support CattleToday:

Arkieman

Reaction score
I have 3 Ali calves on the ground out of commercial Angus heifers. One bull and two heifers. Would there possibly be a market for these calves in the show area or are most looking for full blood animals for shows. These were AI'd to Ali for the heifer factors. I have no clue about the show circuits, but wouldn't mind getting a few extra dollars over what the salebarn would bring....

Any input is much appreciated.
Thanks

showmomof2":qkqbrfor said:
I would try to sell them as show calves. They should be pretty good. Good luck!

I'm not sure how/where? Newspaper? They were born in Feb and looking nice.

Well if they are out of commercail angus, and ali they wont really be a great show calf, they probally dont have much bone or thickness, but hey.......

Moocow11":3hl6yux4 said:
Well if they are out of commercail angus, and ali they wont really be a great show calf, they probally dont have much bone or thickness, but hey.......

Some of the best cattle I have seen are commercials

Killala":20tupkmz said:
Moocow11":20tupkmz said:

Some of the best cattle I have seen are commercials

What MooCow11 was saying was that the combination of commercial angus and ali does not necessarily make for a great show animal. There are some really good commercial calves out there, but Ali is not known for being a guarrenteed improver on commercial animals. Ali is an easy calving sire, that sometimes makes nice calves.

Good luck to Arkieman, I hope these are real nice calves, however I would have to see them to say yes they are show quality etc. As I have seen real good Ali calves and Ali calves that are no where near show quality.

Yeah, I'm not sure on the show stuff. The fella that did my AI had used Ali in the past and said the calves start out slow, then really come on. These are only a little over a month old, so who knows.... I'll try to get some pictures this week. It's been so wet here lately, they stay pretty muddy. I wish I could save some of this rain for July/Aug!!

All are a little over a month old - All the solid colors are out of Ali and commercial Angus (GAR stock) and the white-face is Ice Chest x Reg Herf.

Bull - out of cow #21
DSC_0149a.jpg

Heifer side - out of cow #268
DSC_0146a.jpg

Heifer head - out of cow #268
DSC_0142a.jpg

Heifer - out of cow #170
DSC_0132a.jpg

Heifer - Maine Bull Ice Chest x Herf cow #59
DSC_0126a.jpg

Latest posts