AI Bulls-Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
I've narrowed it down to these bulls. They will be over a daughter of Connealy Comrade and Connealy Thunder. Neither are first calf heifers.

Universal
AAR Ten X

ABS
Resistol 3710B
Sydgen Enhance
Thomas Up River 1614
(In that order of preference)

Thoughts? Real world knowledge of their calves?

Bestoutwest said:
I've narrowed it down to these bulls. They will be over a daughter of Connealy Comrade and Connealy Thunder. Neither are first calf heifers.

Universal
AAR Ten X

ABS
Resistol 3710B
Sydgen Enhance
Thomas Up River 1614
(In that order of preference)

Thoughts? Real world knowledge of their calves?

I'd stay away from Ten X. He produces a lot of hard doing cattle with bad structure and feet issues.
Jury is still out on Enhance. I personally don't like him, but we bought some straws to breed to some of our really moderate thick Charlo influenced heifers.
He probably is going to be similar to Acclaims, really light boned and a lot of leg.

With the no's on Tex X, would you say no on Resistol since Tex X is his sire (assuming I'm reading that pedigree correctly).

Wish I had more first hand knowledge to share with you. Will have some Enhance calves next spring, but as LC stated jury still out on him.

Lot 4 Deer Valley Rita 5724 $25,000.00
Buyer: Dow Livestock Acres - Mulliken, MI Sire Name: A A R Ten X 7008 S A. 18445453
Seems to be some demand still out there.

I weaned some enhance calves this year. They gain weight and will be bigger framed cattle. Not a huge sample but I'd probably use him again. Most of my calves end up at the sale barn.

Ten X is still producing some high sellers. I think I have seen a few on some of past sale reports this year. If used right I believe he can make good cattle.

If you are after the performance and carcass traits, I really like Resistol. I have a son at home with perfect feet and lot of power. See a lot of really good carcass data on a pile of his calves.

Latest posts