Aftermarket CV Shafts

Help Support CattleToday:

Atimm693

Reaction score
Have a badly worn CV shaft on a JD HX15 cutter, pretty sure it contributed to ruining the PTO in the tractor, I'm in the process of repairing the tractor, so I'd like to fix the mower to avoid future problems.

I'm seeing OEM shafts in the neighborhood of 1000 bucks, anyone found an aftermarket shaft that's cheaper? Do drive line shops rebuild them?

There's a lot of play in the joint and you can see it wobble about an inch while rotationg. When you slow the mower down it straightens out and stops shaking. It's 1000 RPM.

Nesikep":3ihwfa19 said:
I would think it's definitely worth asking a driveline shop about it.. is this really a CV joint or a U joint?

Yes, two universals with a CV in the middle.

Yeah, they should have the stuff to fix it... I do them on my truck driveshafts on a regular basis.. sounds like the centering ball is broken off

Depending on how bad it is it may be cheaper to buy a new one. The double CV shaft on my discbine wore out and by the time I would have replaced all 4 U-joints, the center balls, and the female slip joint. I would have been within just a few bucks of a brand new shaft end to end.

Latest posts