ABS AI Course in Alabama

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven said:
JMJ Farms said:
Day 1 is over. I understood a good deal before I got here. Learned a little more today. But the actual act of manipulating the cervix is a lot tougher than I thought it would be. Got frustrated a couple of times and hand to calm myself down. I'm not used to struggling with something when I understand what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing.

Patience Young Grasshopper.

I will agree. Easier said than done sometimes. But I do agree patience is crucial. 90% mental and 10% physical.

On another note I was able to come straight home and get some more practice. Kinda. We were gonna synch a group of cows and heifers I bought about 3 months ago. They were supposed to be open. 17 head. Decided we better preg check first. All but 2 were bred and one had a mummified calf in her. So I got to palpate all of them after the guy I was paying palpated them. Which was very convenient since I had someone to tell me what I was feeling of and where it was. Also felt an ovarian cyst. Which was a first and not sure I would know what it was if I felt another one. But the experience was appreciated.

I felt sorry for them too. I heard about one coming up. May be the one you're talking about. Can't remember the city.

Also had the opportunity to meet a fellow CT member. Very hospitable. Showed me some good looking momma cows, let me take a hot shower and fed me a medium rare filet with all the trimmings. Hard to beat that.

JMJ Farms said:
Also had the opportunity to meet a fellow CT member. Very hospitable. Showed me some good looking momma cows, let me take a hot shower and fed me a medium rare filet with all the trimmings. Hard to beat that.

Sounds like a good time. One of these days he's taking me crappie fishing.

True Grit Farms said:
JMJ Farms said:

Sounds like a good time. One of these days he's taking me crappie fishing.

You and KT keep saying that.

Latest posts