About dang time

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
Got about 3/4 of an inch of rain last night. Still coming. Ground in my garden was just dust. Got my corn, peas, and squash up and going. Anyone else planting a garden this year. Going to go to the green house in town and get my madders tommorow.

Scotty

Been dry around here too. Can be knee deep in mud in March and bone dry by late April! We have a little earlier gardens hereabouts, I guess. Beans, yellow squash, zukies producing. Cukes next. Sweet corn should be tasseling soon. Late, but still want to get okra planted

Arnold Ziffle":31scv3fx said:
Been dry around here too. Can be knee deep in mud in March and bone dry by late April! We have a little earlier gardens hereabouts, I guess. Beans, yellow squash, zukies producing. Cukes next. Sweet corn should be tasseling soon. Late, but still want to get okra planted

az...good to see you are back on the boards... for a while there i thought tax season got the best of you.. :lol:

jt

Scotty":2t50fbp3 said:
Got about 3/4 of an inch of rain last night. Still coming. Ground in my garden was just dust. Got my corn, peas, and squash up and going. Anyone else planting a garden this year. Going to go to the green house in town and get my madders tommorow.

Scotty

No garden, but we are getting some rain here. The weatherman promised 2-2 1/2 inches; looks like we'll get maybe 1 inch. That will be enough to get the native grass going, though, if it will warm up now. We had the driest April on record last month.

You can sure tell the differences in latitude. AZ has sweet corn that should be tasseling soon and I started thinking about tilling the garden. I wont actually plant corn for at least two or three weeks.
Dave

I think our sweet corn is 3" and the tomatoes.have already got my mouth watering! We also planted lots of peppers and onions, cabbage and garlic. 2nd try at a garden (rookie with a bit of a green thumb and soem good tillers!)

Scotty":1umyurz3 said:

Scotty

I wish you would have shared a little. We only got a tenth. :(

haven't got much rain here lately. we started our garden last week. nothin growin yet, obviously. :lol: we put in some watermelon, tomato, carrots, ummm. i don't remember and i bought the seeds. :roll: if you could send a little rain this way, that'd be okay too. no snow though, plz.

Scotty wrote:

Glad to see you got 3/4 of an inch that night. Down here, (Flatonia area), we only got CLOSE to 1/4 in. Not going to have much hay to cut if it we don't get a pretty good rain soon.

Dick

We haven't had rain since 4/30 and then only a little over a 1/4 inch. Folks are starting to worry about the drought since we won't get any rain (according to the weather liars) until late Sunday.

dun

We had 3 nights of Frost in a row, Right before that, bout' 3 in. of rain.Seed Potatoes have rotted in the ground,Gotta wait for ground to dry up, try again.Looks like it'll be another fine Hay Crop this year.Somes already being cut around here now.We need a little dry spell.

J Baxter":29uoa8tr said:
It is unreal dry here. The grass isn't growing hardly at all between the cold and the dry. This could turn into a tough year.

JB

yep, i have been having the same thoughts... already dry, cooler than normal, so the grass is not growing as well... and we have no rain in sight..

jt

Wern't we all just complaing about all the rain and mud? :lol: WE got a little shower last week, Some of the neighbors are already rolling up hay. We plan on cutting next month sometime.

We need rain here badly. We'll get maybe one good shower during the week but then it turns off hot and windy and two days later it's dry as a bone. They're calling for rain Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I wish we'd get it all four days.

we were getting dry but then got a few days of real good rain. now it is the cold weather that has slowed things up---didnt mow the yard this week. all the garden has failed due to the cold weather---seed potatoes rotted, seeds didn't come up, tomatoes were killed by frost. so, it is start all over in the garden as it starts to warm up. we were fortunate that, at least in the garden, the weed crop seems to have escaped the frost in real fine shape

stocky":25remke5 said:
we were getting dry but then got a few days of real good rain. now it is the cold weather that has slowed things up---didnt mow the yard this week. all the garden has failed due to the cold weather---seed potatoes rotted, seeds didn't come up, tomatoes were killed by frost. so, it is start all over in the garden as it starts to warm up. we were fortunate that, at least in the garden, the weed crop seems to have escaped the frost in real fine shape

In this neck of the woods everything slowed way down except the damndelions

dun

Heard a report by the weather chumps that here in S. Central Tx., we won't be getting any GOOD rain until at least the end of June. That's bad, really bad. I also find that going to the weather channels online website, that thier predictions are just about as close as those weather chumps out of Austin. Hmmmm. By the way, how can they predict the rain out until June? I also see that El Nino is going away in the Pacific Ocean that brings us all this rain we have been having. Or however that works....
Predictions my a&&.

Dick

Latest posts