A whole lot of Mooooin goin on.

Help Support CattleToday:

Susie David

Reaction score
Started weaning yesterday...should have sepearated them last week when we were gone doing a event.

Have three border collie pups that are just starting to feel possessive of the place...calves started bawling and they went on the alert yipping at every shadow and sound from the house to the barn.

Just thought that I'd share....Dave Mc

Time for the ear plugs. :shock: We weaned today too, but it was on rented property. Someone else will get to listen to the choir. :lol: :lol: We are fence line weaning this year. Everything was pretty quiet when we left about an hour ago.

Dave I got my last 1/3 separated yesterday during herd health.So I can say been there doing that.

Ear plugs come in very handy as the calves are in the paddocks by the house for at least a week before I let them back out into the cold world.

Sometimes you just want to say SHUT UP ALREADY......But I do feel sorry for them and their mommies.

I have 1 char steer that I started weaning 45 days back and he is so calm and it's rare to hear him bawl for his mama. He is to busy eating the good hay I have for him and my bull.

He weighed 650 lbs at 6 month 13 days and he has never had anything besides mama's milk and grass and hay/ He is from a char heifer and my angus bull.

The last calves I weaned were not as bad as their mamas about bellowing.

Darndest thing....moon is full up here too...

Haven't consulted the almanac this year....haven't noticed any difference in years past.
DMc

Susie David":2evzjo5y said:
Started weaning yesterday...should have sepearated them last week when we were gone doing a event.

Have three border collie pups that are just starting to feel possessive of the place...calves started bawling and they went on the alert yipping at every shadow and sound from the house to the barn.

Just thought that I'd share....Dave Mc

Thanks for sharing! :) We had a full moon last night, and it is full again tonight. I don't like full moons - watched too many werewolf movies (the creature in An American Werewolf in London was more than enough to trip me out! :shock:) in my younger years, and I have a very good imagination! :oops: :lol: :lol:

Our main weaning pen is 50' from our house. I can leave the windows up and not lose a wink of sleep, drives the wife nuts.

cfpinz

Wow! That's amazing, it's a full moon here too! Yesterday it looked like I could almost reach out and touch it - absolutely beautiful. :D

cfpinz":3okgxbi2 said:
Our main weaning pen is 50' from our house. I can leave the windows up and not lose a wink of sleep, drives the wife nuts.

cfpinz

Ours in about 150' from the house. My wife is about ready to moo too...

Doesn't bother me at all.

that's one good thing about a hearing aid. if i get tired of the bawling, i just cut it off, and i don't hear those babies and mama's crying anymore :D

judge jb":2qkebwpv said:
domestic violence doubles on a full moon.

judge jb

That does not surprise me. I used to work in the emergency room of a childrens hospital, and it got very, very crazy during the full moon phase of the month.

Latest posts