A tribute to Nancy Reagan

Help Support CattleToday:

ohiosteve

Reaction score
I sold my best cow today. 5yr old F1 herf/Angus. My daughter and I give all of our animals ridiculous names and this cow was Nancy Reagan, no relation to our cat Ronald Reagan. I bought her as a 2yr old with steer calf on her side, she had 4 more calves for us (set of twins this year) and never missed a beat, ate only our grass and always looked great and raised a heII of calf. Here she was a couple months ago, the whiteface calf was one of her twins.
addiearmbroke028.jpg

Here she was last year with her bull calf. I swear she weaned a calf dang near as big as her every year.
october_2011_084.JPG

I sold her to my neighbor since he really liked her and I'd get to keep an eye on her. I can't wait to see her calf next year out of my mrvictordomino bull. Why did I post this? Bored and drinking a couple beers.

Isomade":2qgr7g70 said:
We're you also drinking when you sold your best young cow?
Actually no. I've been thinking long and hard about where to take my hobby farm and have decided to concentrate on making hay in the summer and just keeping a few cows around and I will AI them June/July and have a nice easy winter. I work way too many hours to come home every night during our usually harsh winter nights and have to throw my valuable hay to a bunch of hungry cows. Luckily I've been able to get really good money for the cattle I've been selling and should be able to get some good money also for my excess hay! I am looking forward to having 3 or 4 cows to feed all winter instead of 15. I am still excited to see how Nancy continues to progress though, I hope she throws a heifer in the spring.

Latest posts