A pretty handy female I thought

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
Apologies this was taken on my mobile phone so pic quality isnt great, also the cow wasnt stood up or anything. She was about to go into the auction ring.

But this is a 7 yr old cow who recently won champion female at our national show and sale, she had a big strapping bull calf at foot (you can just see him behind her) and was bred back to the same bull. She sold for the sale's top price of $9000.

Click this thumbnail and it will bring up a much bigger picture :)

I've known her from her appearances on the show circuit in 2005, and I've always drooled over her. Would have loved to take her home lol

Beautiful cow, I love the proportion on her body wish i could add her to my herd. Excuse my ignorance but what kind of breeding is behind her.

Great figures too!

Have been looking online for the sale results, with no success yet.
Who won the Youth Ambassador award?

waihou":1er9f9y5 said:
Great figures too!

Have been looking online for the sale results, with no success yet.
Who won the Youth Ambassador award?

Jake Phillips

Herefords.US":1er9f9y5 said:
Nice looking cow, but looking at her progeny record it looks like she's calved every other year!

George

George maybe she has had some bull calves that have been steered ... just a thought ...

She is really really nice Keren. Not a surprise on the price she fetched.

Steers should still be recorded as compute only; unless she was late and missed out on the breeds calving window for recording epd's that year.

Keren":2uhng7ss said:
I guess we never bother doing anything with steer calves so I figured no one did.

OH. I just realised she's been flushed quite a bit so that would account for it as well.

All my calves are computed and then I will decide if I want them registered ,it just helps keeping EPD's accurate plus it also helps of you are going for dam of distinction awards for you gals.

But progeny should have been recorded as well, unless they are still frozen embroys. That flushing and recording kinda throws a wrench into epd progeny records.. :?

Latest posts