A picture is worth a thousand words

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks Jo. I was in there talked to her stood next to her saw that baby and about puked then the Doc asked if I wanted to cut the cord I said naw I am good didn't figure it would be good for the baby to be puked on lol. I can do or see anything with animals don't bother me but humans kill my stomach.

Jogeephus":rlo0dvlg said:
wacocowboy":rlo0dvlg said:
I agree don't have any kids of my own but a close friend was preg the guy dumped her, so she talked me into going with her to all the classes and being in the delivery room dang I could have done without ever seeing that would never do that again learned my lesson.

That was extremely nice of you and for what its worth YOU have just moved up about sixty notches on my people I respect list. :tiphat:
Same here Waco! And here I thought you were just a hard a$$! Shucks. :D

She is a very close friend who I would do almost anything for. I did tell her no more kids until she was married and had a hubby who could be there with her. I don't know if I could see that again I didn't eat much for the next week (Good diet plan.) and had bad visions when I closed my eyes.

wacocowboy":lmz1hwq6 said:
She is a very close friend who I would do almost anything for. I did tell her no more kids until she was married and had a hubby who could be there with her. I don't know if I could see that again I didn't eat much for the next week (Good diet plan.) and had bad visions when I closed my eyes.
I have some pretty close guy friends, but not sure that I would want any of them to see me in that position! :lol:
You are a good friend!

To be honest I had no interest in seeing her in that position. At least I stayed at the top they asked if I wanted to come watch from the bottom, I said naw I am good. I might be blind or at the least my sex life would have been ruined if I had seen that.

wacocowboy":1m2l9qz9 said:
To be honest I had no interest in seeing her in that position. At least I stayed at the top they asked if I wanted to come watch from the bottom, I said naw I am good. I might be blind or at the least my sex life would have been ruined if I had seen that.
Ya I think seeing that is meant to temporally halt your sex life!

wacocowboy":3vfvf3k5 said:

There are some circumstances when the naked human body just has an absence of appeal, this is one of those circumstances.

Like Jo, I am impressed with your concern for your friend. Two thumbs up.

Poor CG8 we have turned her photography topic into a delivery room topic lol. I got paid for my trouble when I regained my appetite she made me a pot of chicken and dumplings from scratch and that girl makes them like grandmother makes them, my favorite meal.

Well I'm weird I guess. We did the first one in the hospital, and I kinda helped the doctor. He told me what to do and for the most part I got it right. Our baby girl who turns sweet 16 tomorrow, I delivered her at home myself. And I have it all recorded on video. It was a little hairy because her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. I enjoyed the experience, and my daughter will more than likely have her children at home. Some women need help, and some women help themselves. My daughter weighed almost 11 pounds, and my wife only put 21 lbs on. Diet and exercise is the key to having healthy kids.

I almost had one at home. I was dilated to 9 when i got to the hospital, it was my 5th and the others came fast. Our son though was 6 weeks premature and the baby i had before him was stillborn so it was a rather frightening 45 minute drive to the hospital. Luckily, born at 6 1/2 pounds and spent 1 week in icu. Hes 23, 6'1" and healthy today.. I had only 2 normal births, so all were at the hospital. #2 daughter was born weighing 4 pound 3 oz..full term. Spent most of her first 3 years in hospitals. Had her whole back fused when she was 10. Rode in the drill team and was dog piled under 3 horses in a accident, had hoof prints all over her body, but she brushed it off. She's a police officer now, touch as nails... People pop out babies one after another with no problems. After #2, i'm surprised i had anymore after that. The daughter who had the baby in the saddle picture thought she saw something on her sonograms..The tech said she had a strange big toe. So the last month she was so worried. Google weird big toe...its horrifying. So so glad i didnt have internet when i was pregnant. lol

cowgirl8":253kxtsl said:
I almost had one at home. I was dilated to 9 when i got to the hospital, it was my 5th and the others came fast. Our son though was 6 weeks premature and the baby i had before him was stillborn so it was a rather frightening 45 minute drive to the hospital. Luckily, born at 6 1/2 pounds and spent 1 week in icu. Hes 23, 6'1" and healthy today.. I had only 2 normal births, so all were at the hospital. #2 daughter was born weighing 4 pound 3 oz..full term. Spent most of her first 3 years in hospitals. Had her whole back fused when she was 10. Rode in the drill team and was dog piled under 3 horses in a accident, had hoof prints all over her body, but she brushed it off. She's a police officer now, touch as nails... People pop out babies one after another with no problems. After #2, i'm surprised i had anymore after that. The daughter who had the baby in the saddle picture thought she saw something on her sonograms..The tech said she had a strange big toe. So the last month she was so worried. Google weird big toe...its horrifying. So so glad i didnt have internet when i was pregnant. lol

Mine is also. I don't think there is anything I fret over more.

fitz

Jogeephus":3ivhw612 said:
Ouachita":3ivhw612 said:
Exactly! Even with my own, although I watched them all born. I blamed my view of my children's looks at birth on the visual. It's difficult to see them as purty when you watch them come out of the manufacturing facility located so close to the dump station.

I don't know about ya'll but I think this should be outlawed. The man has no business in the delivery room. I watched all mine be born too but I would have rather been shown them after they were cleaned up and wrapped in a blanket. In fact, I think I would rather have my arse beat than witness this. And being handed the scissors to cut the cord!!!! What sicko thought up this sick scheme to mess with a man's head? Its wrong I tell you. Just wrong.
My dad doesn't handle human blood well no matter what the situation is. With my first he wanted to be in the delivery room with us... I stayed up by the top end.
He got queasy and had to sit down right in the middle of the delivery. He plopped into a chair right at the foot of the delivery table and sat there with his head in his hands.
About a minute after my son was born he kind of came around and noticed everyone else's happiness. I watched him look up, smile, glance around the room, snap back to the crime scene about five feet directly in front of his line of sight, and watched him fall face first on the floor... Out cold.
Those poor nurses spent more time attending to him than they did my wife and son.

My husband was with me for the first two children. I drove myself to the hospital for the remainder (3) while he stayed home and took care of the kids and livestock.
Our oldest daughter, had her second child at home. They had hauled livestock. She washed out the trailer and her husband asked her if she wanted to go with him to check the water at another place. She felt a little tired and decided to stay home with their 2 year old. Surprise surprise. After he left she went into labor. Had the baby and our grand daughter went and got her phone so that she could call 911. As our SIL was coming home and came over the hill, he saw multiple emergency vehicles with lights flashing everywhere. He was afraid that their daughter had been hurt. Didn't expect a new baby so soon. It had a happy ending.

Here's our cowpuncher grandson. The chaps were his mother's when she was his age : )

i-5khVsqt-M.jpg

Chippie, he has the eye's, the gal's are in trouble. When she went in labor I be lying if I said I wasn't scared, both of our Moms were at the house to help also. The three of us were wore out so wore out my wife cooked us all breakfast 3 hours after having Andrea. I still can't believe it sometimes.

Latest posts